Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Centrum

oakua3
oakua3
United States
2007/12/27, 11:11 PM
Not sure if I missed anything in another post, but I've been told that there are much better vitamin supplements to take then Centrum. Just curious if I am wasting my time using this instead of something else.
gs24sunshine
gs24sunshine
United States
2007/12/28, 04:34 PM
All I take for vitamis is a one a day for men from walmart.Made by Equate.It basically has all you need like centrum.If your taking it just for the vitamins that are recommended for a day,I dont see what its not covering.For weightlifting,im taking creatine,and a whey protein that has the BCAA's that a body needs for recovery.I am fairly new I guess at supplements,but have read up alot and kept an openmind on opions.
oakua3
oakua3
United States
2007/12/28, 06:06 PM
Yeah, it sucks being new to this. I spent the first 30 years of my life not paying attention to eating right or vitamins, except for maybe flintsones vitamins i had as a kid. I went into GNC today, and of course they said centrum is a waste, so try this supplement kit, which consists of a multivitamin, an energy enhancer, muscle support, and nitric oxide booster. Its actually 7 pills. The whey protein I don't have a problem with, but I'm not sure what good these vitamins will do. Seems like these vitamin stores just like to prey on new people.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2007/12/28, 10:28 PM
A one a day is probably not enough for the average person, let alone a hard training bodybuilder. In this day and age of depleted food quality, an external source of vitamins can be a great aid to just good overall health. Vitamins are not a magic item where you get immediate results, they may well 'tip' the scales in your favor with age. In most cases, with some exceptions, vitamins exert their best benefits in a chronic manner, not an acute manner.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer