Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Cardio Question

hlinkey
hlinkey
United States
2009/05/12, 12:08 PM
So I'm coming off a pretty bad knee injury, dislocated patella and torn cartilage, but it's really important for me to loose weight and get back into shape right now. I also want to strengthen my knee. I did the elliptical for 45 min yesterday and my knee started killing me so I listened to my body and stopped. My question is, are there better machines for me? And what other cardio can I do? I love cardio and planned to go at least an hour. Help!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2009/05/12, 04:49 PM
Can't really help you much because of your injury. Talk to your Phisio therapist before doing any routines.
$5 min could be detrimental for healing. Perhaps 5 min and some resistance to build up the muscle. Like I said, talk to a professional.
BUT,
you can start by eating healthy and cutting back on fats, and simple carbs. This will beat the fatty tissue away!.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)