Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Cardio, in an apartment, at 3AM?

smil32937
smil32937
United States
2010/04/11, 06:29 AM
Hello, this is my first time posting so if I'm doing something wrong, let me know.

When I worked day shift, and lived in a house, I used to do some running right before bed. I know it's supposed to make you feel energized but for some reason, it always worked as a no-fail sleep-aid.

I live in an apartment now, and I work second shift (I get off work at midnight). My neighborhood's not the best so going running isn't an option and I can't afford a gym membership. Anybody know any sort of cardio I can do in an apartment? I live on the third floor so I can't do any jumping around.

Thank you!
DJ661336
DJ661336
United States
2010/04/19, 12:22 AM
Hey my name's Dan. You definitely don't need a gym membership to do cardio; it is tough that you can't run outside or jump around in your apartment, however there are still quite a few options you can do. I'd suggest doing wall squats and pushup intervals with short rest time. Cardio is any activity that increases your heart rate; by shortening your rest periods during pushups and wall squats, you certainly will get a cardio workout. You can do this with any exercise. Just increase the workload (reps of pushups and squats), or decrease the rest time and you'll be able to challenge yourself each workout by logging what you did last time. Hope to hear back soon!
-Dan