Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Can't get the weight off this go around

Luvthemtorts
Luvthemtorts
United States
2007/10/17, 12:53 AM
Several years ago I started working out and dieting and lost a total of 65 pounds in a relatively short period of time.
Long story short, I have spent the past 1 1/2 years bulking up (went from 170 to 205) and have now switched to a cutting cycle to slim back down since I gained more fat than I wanted to.
In the past 9 weeks I have lost a measly 8 pounds even though my diet is quite clean. Lifting 5 days a week with HIT 4 days a week.
I would like to think I am gaining muscle and losing fat but from what I understand that is impossible on a reduced calorie diet.
As of now I am eating 6-7 small meals a day for a total of 2000 calories (I know it is low but other than workouts I lead a very sedintary life). 50P/30C/20F 4 days a week with the other 3 days being lower in carbohydrates and higher in protein.
Any help or ideas would as always be greatly appreciated!
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/10/17, 08:46 AM
It's harder as you get slimmer, man, just keep it up and eventually you'll get there. You also might want to look into what foods you're eating and other things you may or may not be consuming (beer, etc).

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
2007/10/17, 02:19 PM
Do you know your current body fat percentage? If so, you can figure out how much weight you've got that's fat vs. lean body mass. 8 lbs might be a lot, depending on how much you're starting with.

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
Luvthemtorts
Luvthemtorts
United States
2007/10/17, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the input!
I don't think it is my diet since everything I eat would be considered "clean".
Buffalo
Venison
Turkey Breast
Ostrich
Chicken Breast
Tuna and Tilapia
Red Potatoes
Brown Rice
Green Beans
Broccoli
Cucumber
Whey Protein
Creatine Glutamine
Water
All of the above are the only things I eat or drink. No sauces, butter or anything that would result in hidden calories adding up.
As far as B/F, I am positive I am nowhere near lean. While I did gain some good strength and muscle mass but I also gained a high percentage of fat as well due to not being as strict with quality of foods.
I am still trying to convince myself that the slow weight loss means the end result will be more retained muscle but still pretty discouraging.