Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Can Anyone Help Me Out?

katarina97
katarina97
United States
2007/03/19, 05:09 PM
I Currently Weigh 131 lbs. I Need To Get Down to 97 Pounds By August. If You Have A Diet Plan For Me That Will Get Me To My Goal Weight In That Time Please Contact Me!
CSix
CSix
Canada
2007/03/19, 09:25 PM
Hi,
I'm new here like you, but from what I've read, the absolute max pounds you should be losing each week is 2 pounds (I believe it was a 3500 calorie deficit each week). First of all, you have to be determined to lose the weight, because diets not only test your body but also your mind and will-power.

It is also possible to lose more than 2 pounds a week (for a bit), however, it will be by taking away muscle, plus your body will go into a starvation mode after a bit and start storing fat (=bad). If you notice your losing more than 2 pounds a week, then you may want to tweak your diet a bit.

You'll have to tell us what your current calorie intake is, what you eat (carbs from white rice and white bread may have to be cut), how many times you eat a day, how often you exercise, and what type of exercise you do (cardio, weight training, e.t.c.). If you can't wait for a reply, try looking at one of the diet stickies made by bb1fit, which is located at the top of the board, or go to the nutrition and fitness tabs at the top to choose a program (I've heard that some of the programs have a caloric intake that is extremely high, so you may want to just use the search function at the bottom of the page).

Oh yeah, welcome to Freetrainers!
Thanks and good luck,
Csix.
P.S.: I'm not a professional, so take my advice at your own risk :)

ATIGER
ATIGER
United States
2007/03/20, 10:23 AM
How tall are you - 97 lbs seems extremely light and unheathly but it depends on your heighth
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/03/20, 02:51 PM
How did you decide that you "need" to get down to 97 lbs?