Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Caffeine Anhydrous Powder

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/08/31, 04:36 PM
Caffeine, perhaps the best known legal stimulant in the world, is found in coffee, tea, chocolate and many soft drinks. Technically a methylxanthine, caffeine exerts its effects by interacting with the sympathetic nervous system, the branch of the nervous system that controls both arousal and metabolic rate through the release of epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). Caffeine blocks the action of a chemical called adenosine (which inhibits the actions of epinephrine) and also inhibits an enzyme called phosphodiesterase, which normally counteracts adrenaline and noradrenaline by breaking down another chemical called cAMP.

By stimulating the central nervous system and causing arousal, caffeine can be noticeably ergogenic during high intensity exercise, such as weight training, especially when used only occasionally to enhance performance1, 2, 4. Caffeine also has a powerful lipolytic effect3, increasing the mobilization and therefore oxidation (burning) of body fat stores. This effect on fat use may also contribute to the performance enhancing effects caffeine exerts during long distance and endurance exercise events5.

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/08/31, 04:37 PM
Supplement Use

Caffeine can be used to aid in fat loss (e.g., 200-600mg / day) in conjunction an appropriate diet and exercise program and with other agents that promote fat use and / or thermogenesis, such as green tea extract. For use as an ergogenic aid, caffeine is most effective if taken only infrequently (200+mg / dose) to prevent adaptation to its effects. Bodybuilders who want to ?dry out? for a competition may use caffeine in conjunction with other products like Vitamin C to promote a diuretic effect. Products like Alpha Lipoic Acid, Creatine Ethyl Ester, and Waxy Maize Starch could also be used in a pre-contest program to maximize muscle glycogen storage (?carb up?), and increase muscle size and muscularity.

Trueprotein?s caffeine powder provides greater control over caffeine intake than beverages and soft drinks, which vary in caffeine content (and the content of other xanthines and related stimulants). Note, of course, that consuming caffeine late in the day may cause sleep difficulties. CAUTION: Overuse of stimulants can lead to health problems. Please consult your physician before taking caffeine supplements.

--------------
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/08/31, 04:43 PM
Ok with that so from a copy and paste now I'll give my take on it.

I'm hooked and everyone I give some to at he gym is also.

Taste like a aspirin, I take it in water, coffee and juice.

A scale is a must have and if you go digital make sure it reads to the .005g I use a plastic manual scale that reads to the nearest .05g.

200mg is to much at once for me at 50mg was a great start for lifting and 100mg is where I'm at now,

You can not take more the 300mg at once or you'll get sick!

I use it not only for lifting but everyday life taking up to 2 100mg doses per day.

--------------
2008/09/03, 08:14 PM
I have upper intake limits at 5+mg per kg.

I have taken upwards of 500mg as one dosage and 400mg+other supps like chocamine together.

I agree that it's a very good supplement for weight loss, conditioning, and lifting.
2008/09/03, 08:14 PM
I have seen* upper intake limits in studies*
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/09/04, 12:24 AM
Yeah I have heard other take higher doses but it's all about individuality on this sup and at my age it hits me real good.

I have people at my gym hooked on this stuff lol.:big_smile:

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/09/06, 02:40 PM
Be careful with caffine. There is much compelling research as to using high doses of caffine on a continuous basis has a very adverse effect on the adrenal glands. It may not be 'evident' when you are younger, it may not rear its head for many years, as no internal illness usually does. But once those internal 'scales' get out of balance, it is uh-oh. And most folks think this sudden 'malady' just happened, when after all, it was years of abuse, bad diet, whatever that tipped those internal scales out of balance.

Precisely why these 'energy drinks' that are so popular will come back to haunt many folks at some point.

A bit on the adrenal glands may help one understand....More than 150 hormones including DHEA, testosterone, and estrogen are produced or metabolized by the adrenal glands. These extraordinary glands are thus very important to good health and longevity. If you're whipping them everyday with caffeine, expect your aging process to accelerate especially as you hit your forties when hormone production starts to decline. High levels of cortisol, which unfortunately can stay elevated as long as 18 hours after a cup of coffee, will compromise your immune system and interfere with your body's ability to fight off pathogens. And if you are one of those coffee drinkers who can go right to sleep after a double shot of espresso, ask yourself, why am I still waking up exhausted and reaching for another cup of coffee? You may sleep, but caffeine interferes with you reaching the stage of deep sleep called Stage Four sleep where your body does its essential rebuild and repair work.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/09/06, 06:49 PM
Would you call using 100mg or less a day abuse? A dose is said to be 200mg and no more the 600mg in a whole day but no more then 300mg at once, I do like a 50mg to 100mg dose once a day in the morning.

============
Quoting from bb1fit:

Be careful with caffine. There is much compelling research as to using high doses of caffine on a continuous basis has a very adverse effect on the adrenal glands. It may not be 'evident' when you are younger, it may not rear its head for many years, as no internal illness usually does. But once those internal 'scales' get out of balance, it is uh-oh. And most folks think this sudden 'malady' just happened, when after all, it was years of abuse, bad diet, whatever that tipped those internal scales out of balance.

Precisely why these 'energy drinks' that are so popular will come back to haunt many folks at some point.

A bit on the adrenal glands may help one understand....More than 150 hormones including DHEA, testosterone, and estrogen are produced or metabolized by the adrenal glands. These extraordinary glands are thus very important to good health and longevity. If you're whipping them everyday with caffeine, expect your aging process to accelerate especially as you hit your forties when hormone production starts to decline. High levels of cortisol, which unfortunately can stay elevated as long as 18 hours after a cup of coffee, will compromise your immune system and interfere with your body's ability to fight off pathogens. And if you are one of those coffee drinkers who can go right to sleep after a double shot of espresso, ask yourself, why am I still waking up exhausted and reaching for another cup of coffee? You may sleep, but caffeine interferes with you reaching the stage of deep sleep called Stage Four sleep where your body does its essential rebuild and repair work.

=============

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/09/06, 06:55 PM
Well, that is not my call. What is abuse to one person is nothing to another. Consider that most working adults consume 300 mg or more of caffeine (20 oz of drip coffee) before lunch, often on an empty stomach. Research shows conclusively that this can produce anxiety, irritability and in some individuals, panic...exactly the opposite of what we need when facing life's inevitable delays or conflicts.

My post was simply to 'warn' of the possible reprecussions of extended caffine use. You decide.

--------------
Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer

bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2008/09/07, 10:52 AM
I would at least invest in an adrenal support formula. This can be purchased at most any health food store.

--------------