Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Building muscle with a wrist injury

dahyenu
dahyenu
United States
2007/05/31, 12:37 AM
About 3 years ago a small bone in my right wrist was fractured during a sports game. Apparently because it's a small fracture in a small bone, it's going to take it's precious time to heal, if it ever does. Before the injury, I had almost unsightly large arm muscles - since then I had to quit all my sports and my arms/shoulders/chest are incredibly weak. I'm an 19 5'2" 110 female, and I work out every day, mostly doing core exercises a physical therapist perscribed for scoliosis, and some cardio. I can lift up to five pounds with my injured wrist right now, but I can't go higher if any stress is being placed on it, and I can't use it for that long. My left arm is also incredibly weak. Does anyone have any suggestions how I can improve my upper body strength without further injuring my wrist? It's getting embarassing that I can't even twist the lids off of many bottles...
dahyenu
dahyenu
United States
2007/05/31, 12:39 AM
Errr, by the way, I'm a newbie, so I hadn't realized there was an actual injury forum... I guess I should repost this question there, and hopefully a mod can delete this. Sorry!