Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Broken Up can't get focus on exercise

saurabhsahu
saurabhsahu
India
2003/08/29, 05:25 AM
I have been working out for the last 2 yrs but I recently broke up with my gf . I just can't exercise anymore , when ever i get down to exercising , i start to think all those things and I feel dejected.

Does someone have a advice ?
2003/08/29, 11:26 AM
I went through the same thing and found a few things helpful in overcoming that rut. First, I got back into it by making sure I had my headphones every day. I'd listen to hard, angry music that brought all the stress and anger to the surface and focused it into my lifting. Second, I lifted with a partner more often. Having someone else there to talk to and motivate you can really help. Plus they can get you off the topic if you start talking about the breakup. Most importantly, I got the rest of my life back in order; I concentrated the best I could at work, spent time with friends, and just went and did fun things with those people whenever I had the chance. In the end, it may just take time, but be confident that you'll be back and ready to workout again soon. Good luck!

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
echohype
echohype
United States
2003/08/29, 01:36 PM
Yea man it all takes time. as mzakal said working with a partner is great. A friend and I work out together and it's great, not only for company and talk, but because there's always competition ya know? Who can push a little bit more, who can out perform the other.

most of all, don't worry about the break up!

Good luck
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2003/08/29, 10:26 PM
Use it to your advantage!!! Obviously this breakup left you hurt and upset. Use that get you worked up into a rage and lift like a madman. Things that really affect you can be used like that. I did that after the terrorist attacks on 9/11. Just get pissed at the world and go nuts.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
mtlong33
mtlong33
United States
2003/08/30, 01:49 PM
Yeah, that is always a tough situation, but it definitely can be used to your advantage. When I'm getting ready to do a really heavy set, I close my eyes and think of everything that made me mad during the day, and I focus on that anger right before my lift, and it does wonders for me. It seems to just release all of the anger and it makes you feel soooo much better after you're done.

--------------
Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
llburro
llburro
United States
2003/09/21, 02:44 PM
ya, i've gone through the same thing. I agree totally with everyone. Also, what i do is think about how sorry she's gonna be that she broke up with me when i have the body of a model.
saurabhsahu
saurabhsahu
India
2003/10/01, 10:29 AM
Thanks Everyone... that was really nice of you all to reply and yes , I am back on track doing just as all of yousaid use the botteled up anger inside . And what a fantastic thought 'llburro' ... amazing that is something working for.... make her jealous and show that you are better that the other guys.

--------------
~ No Pain - No Gain ~