Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

broken collar bone. Please help

surfnsnow158
surfnsnow158
United States
2004/03/14, 11:59 AM
Hey, I'm a 19 yr old male. I broke my left collar bone in 4 places and in half about 3 wks ago. it doesnt hurt all the time and isnt incredibly painfull like it was when i first did it, and i have alot of mobility back in my arm. however certian movements still hurt, and i dont have alot of strenght. How long is it going to take in generally for this to heal. And how long before i can start working out again. i lose muscle and wieght really fast if i dont work out constantly, how can i prevent this even though i have my injury and cant lift. When it does heal, what would be an easy work out to get back in shape again. Please help, im gettin so sick of this collar bone injury and dont would like some helpful information on it.
Thanks alot, Sean
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/03/14, 01:29 PM
bad luck bro, my uncle broke his colar bone doing a tug of war over a brook, it was a bitch.
DeadWeight
DeadWeight
Canada
2004/03/22, 10:42 AM

I broke mine when I was 16 and the thing just didn't want to heel. It was quite a few weeks and being so fed up I said the hell with it and started lifting again. This was light weight (still had my sling on) and had some pain but continued to do it anyway. With in 2 weeks I felt great!

My next appointment with the Doc I told him what I had done and he said that weights was a way to make it stronger. Why the heck he didn't tell me this all along and kept me baby-ing the thing I will never know. Anyway, not sure how good this advice may be but that's how mine seemed to get better.