Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

BRIDE DESPERATE TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!

anadoris
anadoris
United States
2007/04/26, 02:05 PM
Hello, I am getting married in 6 months and am desperate to lose weight. I have been hitting the gym since January going about 3-5 times a week, cardio 45 min.+ at a "cardio" intensity, using weight machines 2-3 times a week.

I weigh 150, and am 5'5. I have not lost any weight since then. I'm sure my cheeto eating habits have something to do with it. But I remember a few years ago when I was 22 I had no problems dropping 20 lbs in 3 months.

I also take spinning class 2 times a week...

I need help!!!!!!!

If weight training is the way to go, I need help using the machines, I feel silly at the gym b/c I dont know how heavy they should be and how many sets to do...

I need to lose 30lbs. or go back to wearing size 27 and 4 to fit into my dress....

Thanks everyone! btw, the moderator women LOOK GREAT!!!!!! :big_smile::

:dumbbell:

--------------
Tree Trunks
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/04/26, 10:52 PM
Weight training IS the way to go, along with those spin classes and kicking the cheeto habit! Cleaning up your diet is an absolute must and will ultimately determine whether or not you succeed.

I think most of us felt a little silly in the gym once upon a time. I recommend signing up for a weight training program here (and you don't need to do a bunch of machines--free weights are better anyway). There is a video library of most of the exercises so you can see how to do them...study these until you feel confident you know what to do. If you can't find the exercise here, there are other online exercise databases that demo exercises. Then if you still aren't sure about a particular exercise, ask. Hopefully someone who works in the gym will be eager to assist you, if not, we will explain things here the best we can.