Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Bottled Water vs Tap water

Alienheat4
Alienheat4
United States
2004/02/29, 01:26 AM
For the last couple of days I have been wondering what the differnce between bottled water and tap water is. The only one I could think of is that tap water has flouride in it, but that's it. I know there are many different types of bottled water such as mineral water or spring water, and that on top of that there are differencet companies. In general does one have an advantage over another?
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/29, 01:37 AM
I think bottle water is a scam. Unless there is something wrong with your local water supply or the plumbing in your house or apartment. I would say why bother when you are all ready paying your local municipality for water.

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/02/29, 09:11 AM
Most bottled water is tap water.

--------------
Hecdarec in full effect.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/29, 10:32 AM
I buy a bottle of water from the store just to have the bottle usually. When I finish it, I just refill it with tap water over and over at work. I will buy a new bottle every 3 days or so, just to have a fresh bottle to fill, and have a drink on the way to work.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/02/29, 10:45 AM
The bottled water scam......I'd have to say some companies are selling real spring water, and some are not. I live near a bottler (Labrador) and the trucks are coming in with water almost every 2-3hrs (the color of mud). On the other hand though, others are just tap water, but have past through about 17 diferent types of filtering systems, almost like at a pharmaceutical company where they make syrups etc and the water has to be really filtered.
We used to buy bottled water due to my wife not being able to digest the water from our tap, we are saving lots of $$$ now with just a filter in one of those water jugs.
Works great.

--------------
\"A will finds a way\"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
hecdarec
hecdarec
United States
2004/02/29, 10:50 AM
I do the same as you BB1.

--------------
Hecdarec in full effect.
nerraw
nerraw
United States
2004/03/01, 10:13 AM
The only significant difference is PRICE~

Did you know that the so called sterile environment of bottled water becomes contaminated the instant you open it!

Also did you notice how babies eat all measure of stuff.....
Helps them develop an imune system....I'm sure we can tolerate a couple of impurities in our drinking water without it throwing us in to gastric rebellion!
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2004/03/03, 02:30 PM
I only drink bottled water. The tap water out here is gross! I use to have farrets and they wouldn't even drink the tap water...they turned their little noses up at tap.