Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Basketball Workout

draco99_99
draco99_99
United States
2003/10/17, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone. I'm starting a 8 week program on this site to get back in shape, and i plan on starting a different workout afterwards designed specifically towards helping my basketball skills. I basically want to make major improvements in quickness and speed. I know this may sound early (8 weeks) but i'm really serious about this and want to research and find the best possible workout possible for me. I'm just waiting to get back in decent shape again. Thanks everyone.
And i'm a 21 yr old 5'8 male if that helps any. I just want to try and get back to where i used to be. Thanks again.
madballerz
madballerz
Philippines
2004/01/15, 07:58 AM
hi i think u should try plyometric workouts it greatly improves your quickness and explosiveness.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/01/17, 11:38 PM
Ok, draco, this is your lucky day because basketball is my life haha not really but I have a passion for it. For workouts, try complex training. Complex training is a combination of weight training exercise immediately followed by a plyometric, such as a push press followed by rim jumps. That would definitely help your jumping and quickness. Also, make sure you change up your workout every once in a while to give your muscles a good shock. For your basketball skills, you need to practice and practice and practice. Practice your ball handling and shooting every day. Dribble and shoot till basketball becomes second nature to you. I'm 6'2" and can now dunk pretty hard after training this summer and I research this stuff all the time, so if you have any questions, you can email me at psalm150verse6@yahoo.com--peace

--------------
If Satan ever tries to remind you of your past, just tell him of his future!