Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Back to work

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/17, 04:26 PM
I was laid off for about two months. I just went back Wednesday, WHEW. I am tired as heck and I lost weight all ready. I build homes, literally. From the ground up and it is hard work. I am waking up at 4:30am to start my workout and I eat and go to work. Witch is as hard as my workout. Basically I am just complaining out loud. I got to get on a good diet to gain weight since I burn more calories then I take in and I eat a lot too. No joke. Wish me luck I need it.

--------------
I am a rough carpenter, nobody can kick my a$$ (me)

http://www.myspace.com/jeramiemaza
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/17, 04:41 PM
I feel for you guys that have to work in this heat!!!It was 108 here today....good luck!!!
2006/08/19, 03:00 PM
good luck jeramie...
jeon
jeon
United States
2006/08/22, 04:08 AM
Hey, rough carpenter! I have a brother-in law who is in your position but works construction like highway crews, asfaulting and stuff. He has what I call "skinny muscles". He is as strong as steel and works in the heat all day with no shirt. Hell I thought he was black once. He also eats like a horse but he does not workout unlike you.
I am not a Doctor and you know what I'm gonna tell you already but just incase.
Drink alot of water or better gatorade while you work. How many hours a day do you work? If you work 8 hours. Drink about 2-3 gallons of water. If more hours drink more. this is over the entire peroid of time you work. It's dangerous though to drink alot at once as you know it will decrease your electrolites. If there was one thing that I learned in the Army was to eat a big breakfast before going to work. If you disagree or care to elaborate go ahead.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/08/22, 08:47 AM
2-3 gallons...or more???!!I could be wrong but that seems like an awful lot...please anybody feel free to tell me if I'm wrong here.

When we were stationed at Parris Island with the marine recruits they had a recruit collapse out on the feild...he drank so much water his electrolites were gone...he died a few hours later.To much of ANYTHING is not healthy.
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2006/08/22, 01:06 PM
i drink roughly 1-2 gallons a day, but i also replenish my electrolytes with a sport drinks and such, u need quite a bit of water on a daily basis for proper bodily functions, specially if you are working your body hard, either at the gym or at work.. i know its doing me good by consuming so much water, but i spend a good portion of the day in the lil boys room :)

--------------
\"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.\"
~ Mark Twain

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/22, 06:21 PM
Ha, I'm with KC. I once drank two gallons of water at work and I got sick, Real sick. I made it through the day only cause I never quit any thing but I barley could see straight. I downed three Gatorade's as soon as I got to the gas station and I was still sick. I had to go lay down. Luckily I was fine later after I went home. After a while You get used to the heat and working in it. You do have to consume a lot of water.

I love my job cause not a lot of people can do it. It takes a special bred of animal to do what I do.

--------------

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/22, 06:22 PM
I do drink about two gallons through out the whole day. (water)

--------------

jeramiemaza
jeramiemaza
United States
2006/08/22, 06:24 PM
My weight is stable so far. Just to update from the first post.:):):):):dumbbell::dumbbell::cool::cool:

--------------

jeon
jeon
United States
2006/08/24, 09:06 AM
I Think drinking this much water only applies if you are log cutter like my father. When I lived at home when I was in School my father would always take 2 one gallon milk jugs with him to work filled with ice water this is in the summer time in OKlahoma. He would come home at lunch time fill the jugs up and put them back into the freezer for the next day. But my father would have qualified for a beast before he retired. No body fat just mucsle.