Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Back to H.I.T.

skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/24, 03:52 AM
When I first started lifting in 1979, my training partner and I sent off for the WEIDER weightlifting program through a M&F mag. The beginners level on that program was very much like what everyone calls H.I.T. these days. It was a great first timers program, and we both made good progress at the time. I still fall back on it when I come off a layoff. Thats what I'm up to now. I've done 3 full body workouts this week past. 1 or 2 exercises per part and 2 or 3 sets per exercise. I've used the max weight I could handle for 8 reps after a short warm up set. The only thing I worry about is getting lazy with the low volume. Anyone else train like this for any period of time? Get results?
skylar
skylar
United States
2001/04/24, 03:15 PM
Its interesting that you mention this as Franco Columbo trains the same way, keep it short and sweet. I train the same way with warm-up sets snd one heavy set with a max weight for 4-6 reps, I increase most weights by 5#/week except legs which get 10#/week increase. I've train each body part only once a week and see the increases I want with my strength. Its been said by Arnold that if you spend more than an hour training(weights) then you are doing too much or talking too much. Some other programs give better gains in some area but then other parts have to wait their turn.