Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Back sore after deadlifts

nikkilind
nikkilind
United States
2005/05/15, 09:35 PM
I'm getting back on a workout regiment w/ weights after doing quite a bit of cardio for awhile. I'm doing the recommended ft bit, and I think I flexed my back hard on the uptick w/ the deadlifts. My back is sore - I focused on keeping my back straight and I think I overdid it.

Should I have a trainer watch me w/ my exercises to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen?!
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2005/05/15, 10:37 PM
Drop the weight to and easy amount and work your form.When the form is down then go up in weight. The hardest part of the dl is good form. Also having a trainer watch you to give you pointers will help.

--------------
I am that
which must be feared, worshipped and adored. The world is mine
now and forever.No one holds command over me. No man. No god. I am ANIMAL! and that is enough.
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2005/05/18, 03:01 PM
The sore back isn't a bad thing though. The deadlift is a lower back strengthener.

DX
dvelswk
dvelswk
United States
2005/05/22, 07:47 PM
I agree with mmaibohm, learn the form first. Your back ofcourse will get sore, but I'm sure you know what type of sore is good and what type bad. Keep your back straight but don't make it so stiff it pulls something. Like mmaibohm said, work on form, if there's a trainer there get him/her to help you.
2005/05/24, 04:44 AM
soreness is good....and it's different from pain...you need to know the difference....

some soreness is debilitating ...ie DOMS and can make it difficult to move or do anything and make u feel like crap for almost a week at times......but it's still quite a bit different from pain...

double check your form by asking a trainer observe you....
GymSimth
GymSimth
United Kingdom
2005/05/27, 08:14 PM
Back pain can be caused by many things. I get some pain when my right piriformis and ql tighten up. I have to stretch them out before exercise to avoid problems. I also find stretching them out before bed helps alot.

The key is to find out why you got a sore back and like the other said, be sure you know what good and bad pain. Doms good, shooting pain down the leg bad.