Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Back on track

FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/21, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone ! I've just completed 1 week of my exercise schedule (I'm not attempting to follow the nutrition schedule since it's not possible for me to follow it, eating in a mess as I do). I must say that it feels GREAT! I have to thank the community on this site for providing great motivation and inspiration for me. I used to work out fairly regularly till about a year back when I stopped it, becoming lazy after a long vacation. And restarting it had been difficult - I used to make excuses, seeking examples from people around me who never worked out and were in pathetic state of fitness. And though I didn't put on any weight during this phase, I certainly started feeling less energetic, which was depressing. After discovering this site and going through many posts and profiles, I started feeling inspired. I told myself, hey, it's possible to be busy and still be able to work out. I've started working out thrice a week at home for the time being, plus the 12 week ab exercises. And it feels FANTASTIC to be back on track. Thanks again.
Sempai
Sempai
Canada
2002/07/21, 03:37 PM

Sounds like you have made the right choice I am doing the same two programs. But remember diet is an important part. Why cant you use the nutrition program

--------------
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember the ark was built by amateurs, The Titanic was built by professionals.
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/21, 05:04 PM
Probably because she is a doctor and eating the right thing comes a distant second to eating the quick and convenient thing
FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/22, 11:49 AM
Hey folks, no. I really can't manage to go buy things I want to eat - I'm working something like 20 hrs a day, 7 days a week. So the only option I have is to eat what they provide in the mess.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/22, 12:03 PM
Sounds like you need to CUT back on the hours. Sorry, bad joke. Wow, I can't imagine having anything left in the tank. It won't be like that your entire career will it? I mean is there some reason you work so much?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/07/22, 02:48 PM
At 20 hours per week x 7 days, that's asking for a quick burnout!! Even stockbrokers don't put in that many hours and their jobs are considered high stress.

Be careful! Just like weight training, you're overtraining yourself with your job...

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Mathiau
Mathiau
Costa Rica
2002/07/22, 06:44 PM
glad to hear u are doign well BUT!!

(I'm not attempting to follow the nutrition schedule since it's not possible for me to follow it, eating in a mess as I do

no excuses!!!! :)..lol

i have a hectic eating patern, and i have managed to change mine so far for 3 days!

--------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯The trouble with life is there’s no background music¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯God must love stupid people, he made so many of them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Life ain't short, your just dead for too frick'n dam long!`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸They know what is what, but they don't know what is what, they just strut,WTF!¸.·´¯)

Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/22, 07:33 PM
Why is it that you must work so many hours? I am just curious.
FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/24, 03:14 PM
Actually I'm in a Neurosurgery training programme as a senior resident, and that's a real demanding job. Till I finish this course, i.e. for next 1 year, things are going to be pretty much the same. After that, of course, things will ease down a bit - depending on how much I want to work, but the coming year is probably going to be worse. I'm just about managing to find time to eat whatever I can get my hands on, and have restarted working out for last 1 week.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/24, 04:41 PM
Oh, only neurosurgery. Whew, I thought it was something REALLY hard.

Well, after a few years of getting inside peoples heads you should be able to buy your own gym and eat and workout as much as you like.

Good luck. PS. Will you give an FT discount when you start practicing. Definately a good way to whip up some business!! j/k (hope I won't need it)
Mathiau
Mathiau
Costa Rica
2002/07/24, 09:35 PM
^^^
" Oh, only neurosurgery. Whew, I thought it was something REALLY hard.
"

LOL!

--------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯Some people are alive only because it’s illegal to kill them¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
(¯`·.¸¸They know what is what, but they don't know what is what, they just strut,WTF!¸.·´¯)

FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/25, 03:11 PM
HA....HA....HA.... ischjli! You give me fresh hope in life. With the thought of being able to buy my own gym and eat and workout as much as I like, I can certainly go on for next one year.
Oh, and I sure do hope you'd never need to avail yourself of a neurosurgeon's services, discount or no discount. It's not the pleasantest (if I'm allowed to use such a word) experience in a patient's life!!!!
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/07/25, 03:32 PM
Well, I had the opportunity to hang out with a couple of med students in residency last weekend. The salarys they were talking about making were in the neighborhood of 150k - 300k per year. Not too shaby! So, you should be able to do whatever you want provided you invest wisely (hell even if you don't invest all that wisely!). Amazing though, neurosurgery. Wow. Hang in there. Don't become one of your own patient's!

--------------
Ischjli
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." -- T. S. Elliot
Mathiau
Mathiau
Costa Rica
2002/07/25, 05:08 PM
^^^^

well if your not sure were to invest, there is a

"help mathiau fund" goign on :) simply make all checks payable to me :)

--------------

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/25, 05:11 PM
LOL can I jump in for the Thumper Baby Fundwe accept all major credit cards food stamps and gold as well as checks and cash.

--------------
"When in danger, or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout" LIFT HARD AND OFTEN!!!!!!
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/25, 07:57 PM
I just know you didn't say food stamps! lol
FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/28, 01:37 PM
LOL... Gosh, you guys are so funny! Absolute nuts! So, after joining FT, I'm getting laughter therapy as well. I must recommend this site to my boss - his general behaviour might improve :)