Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Back discomfort

Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/01/02, 02:50 PM
I am 16 years old and I squat alittle less than 500 pounds, I squat in the right form and I use power belts...but I still feel back discomforts.. not pain, but discomforts in moving...when I stopped for like a week my back was normal but started working out again I felt it again...is that normal or does anyone have any other idea. thank you.
Amr_Mr.Olympia
xavier
xavier
United States
2001/01/02, 05:44 PM
i messed up my back like a year ago it was feeling sore everyday so i went to a chiropractor and my bottom 3 disks were outa place they would pop them back every once in a while in a couple months it was ok its never hurt since
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/01/10, 12:50 PM

the problem bro is obviously...too much weight
I mean 500 pounds is really a lot...unless you wana break a record in the next summer olympics you don't need to concentrate on how much...instead work on the form another problem that you may have is the form...make sure your doing it propely...back injury is no joke I've exprienced and starts to show as you get older...have somebody spot you and give u some assistance....you might wana switch to leg presses and extensions from time to time to...lunges is also a great alternative to those back breaking squats...the thing that caught my attension the most bro was your age...when I was 16 years ago I didn't even think of squating...
it's probably 2 early to put on a lot of weight that's the bottom line :-)