Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

asymmetrical body parts

illus1on
illus1on
Malaysia
2001/07/03, 05:00 AM
hi, i have been working out for almost 2 years now. the problem i am facing is that the shape of my body is quite asymmetrical, especially on my chest and shoulders. the differences is quite much. how do i cope with the problem?
Sweeny
Sweeny
United States
2001/07/03, 09:41 PM

Do as many of your excercices as you can with Dumbbells. Do the same amount of reps with each arm and it will help, but it takes a little time. I had the same problem for a while and after doing a lot of dumbell excercises in place of ones with a barbell I recieved much improvement.
sandman1202
sandman1202
United States
2001/07/05, 11:36 PM
Sweeny is right, but the a very important factor is feeling. If you can't feel the muscle being worked and flexed then you're not working it to its full potential. Try flexing your chest and deltoids w/o any weights, perhaps twitching them voluntarily. These types of exercises get you better acquainted with your body and strengthens the electrical connection between your brain and the muscle. Having stronger impulses means that your body is more aware of the muscle you're working, and thus it can help it to grow. Along with that suggestion let me remind you that the key is FORM, FORM, FORM. Don't go heavy if form is jeopardized. I'm so involved with symmetry that I train myself to be ambidexterous(sp) or able to use both my right and left hand for any task. Best Wishes.