Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Asking for a fitness schedule for beginner.

kent5865
kent5865
Malaysia
2012/02/11, 11:59 PM
Hi, i am Kent. I am lack of a weight lifting schedule to start with. I am 23 years old, 6 feet with the weight of ONLY 58kg. Anyone would like to help by suggesting a weight lifting schedule and dietary plan??? Thank you for the time spent reading this
2012/02/12, 12:04 AM
At the top of the page, click on "exercise" and take a look at the plans.Welcome and good luck.
heraldstorm
heraldstorm
United States
2012/02/17, 10:07 PM
Hi Kent,
   Lots of folks come here and ask for plans.  Most often, people don't get what they're looking for.  That's not because we don't want to help...it's because every person is unique.  Each body has been treated differently, and has its own quirks and characteristics.  I'm not sure what your goals are, or what your situation is, so I'm simply going to give you some places to look around for yourself, so that you can make the decisions that are most appropriate to your body and your life.

The first place I recommend that people go is to www.choosemyplate.gov.  This is the US govt's site, yes, but it does have good info applicable to everyone (and it won't turn you into a blimp).  They recommend half of what you eat is fruits and vegetables.  I'll heartily second that.  I'd also recommend that you eat lots of natural food...don't go to the store and buy a bunch of ready made dinners that you simply heat and eat.  Prepare your own food, and do as little as possible to the food.  Don't add a bunch of sauce.  Don't add a bunch of salt.  If you're looking to bulk up, and if you already have a low body fat percentage, I'd probably eat a normal diet, while you're starting out.  Once you've begun to build muscle (wait at least 3 months after working out 3-4 times a week), then you can change your diet to one that focuses more on protein and carbohydrates as opposed to high in fiber and vitamins.  Proper nutrition is important...your body needs what it needs, but you can boost certain aspects of your diet as long as you're combining it with the right kind of weight training program.  That will really help you pack on the muscle.

There's a lot for you to learn, so I'd browse all the articles on here, on fitday.com and I've also found good information at livestrong.com, but you have to know a bit about nutrition, physiology, and training to find the good stuff.

As for workouts, Charlie is right.  There are fabulous pre-built workouts here.  You just have to know which kind to go for.  If you're looking to improve overall fitness I'd highly recommend a circuit plan.  German researchers have found that working alternate large muscle groups (the right ones) actually increases human growth hormone levels in the blood stream.  Don't get scared, this isn't like injecting HGH into your body. This is the natural stuff that your body produces.  Essentially, it places your body in a state that encourages rapid muscle growth, and the nature of a circuit training program focuses on lean muscle and endurance.  On the other hand, if you're looking to be the next Lou Ferigno or Arnold Schwarzenegger, You'll want to choose a plan designed for body building.  This builds a fattier muscle that is capable of phenomenal bursts of power, but only for a few reps...3-5 usually.  This can tend to beef you up quickly, but it's a different kind of muscle.

As I said, you've got lots to learn, and many choices to make.  You've already made a great decision my coming to freetrainers.  The community here is excellent, and everyone is very helpful and they help to keep you motivated.  Welcome, and good luck!

-Herald