Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

anyone who has ever powerlifted

goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/24, 11:08 PM
how did you get started?

how would one go about getting started...how would one go aobut finding a powerlifting team? etc.
gatormade
gatormade
United States
2004/03/25, 11:52 AM
I started out as a football player lifting weights to get bigger, stronger, and faster when I was 12. I also wrestled. I kept lifitng through college when I played football. When I got done playing ball I really started to focuse on bodybuilding and strength. They don't go hand in hand as you might think. Body building burnt me out so I started to just lift to get strong. Then a buddy of mine turned me onto the sport when he saw me deadlift raw and couldn't believe what I could pull without any support gear. I will tell you this, you need training partners if you want to be the best you can be. You need people that will push you and allow you to push them back. You need to be open to all feedback - corrective or acceptive. The other thing you need is a strong desire to work. Good luck!
goodoldtex
goodoldtex
United States
2004/03/25, 07:29 PM
thanks man
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/03/28, 05:10 PM
gatormade is dead on. My training partners are some of the most important people I know. Its tough to find a partner that will really push you through everything (thats why I have seperate lifting and running partners, because i dont know anyone other than me that runs 3-6 miles after a lift session.

--------------
"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves."

'Isnt that lifestyle boring?'

"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny."
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist