Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

ANYONE KNOW A GREAT SUPPLEMENT TO STACK?

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2004/02/22, 01:25 AM
hows it going, For awhile now i have been taking mega whey from gnc, and i was wondering if anyone knew a supplement that would be great to take along with it to help increase lean muscle mass, and strength besides creatine.I am 17 6'3'' and weigh 218lbs, just in case anyone needed to know.
Does anyone think i need to take anything else besides MEGA WHEY?

thanks,

P.S. MEGA WHEY contains 40 grams of protein, 5 grams of L GLUTAMINE, and 3 grams of Branched Chain Amino Acids.
goldengloves
goldengloves
United States
2004/02/22, 08:13 AM
Try creatine...But be prepared to drink lots of water! at least a gallon a day.

If you choose to do so here is what I like to do..Get a pitcher that holds a gallon fill it up each night before I go to bed and in the morning it is nice and cold and I just drink that each day and make sure I finish it.
jsom85
jsom85
United States
2004/02/22, 12:05 PM
creatine and protein are sometimes acclaimed as the basics. Try glutamine though if you dont want to take creatine. It wont give you the same results as creatine but it'll help build muscle along with a bunch of other fun activites that come with the package.
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/02/23, 09:36 PM
My protein supplement program consists of beef; chicken, salmon, pickerel, moose venison, whitetail venison, elk venison, black bear meat, ruffed grouse, eggs, & Canada geese.

My vitamin & mineral supplements come from: a variety of fruits & vegetables (including nuts & berries), milk, cheese, the above mntioned meat& eggs and also (gasp) some grains & cereals.

Call me a radical, but I'm really into these 'whole food' type supplements. :big_smile:

ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/02/23, 09:39 PM
Message deleted by moderator due to unsuitable content for this board.
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/02/23, 09:49 PM
I don't mean for the above post be offensive - just to emphasize that people really need to focus on good basic nutrition way more than dietary supplements.

Given the numbers of posts about supplements compared to that of basic foods, I often get the impression that quality meals are given much less a priority than supplements.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/23, 10:32 PM
Great post. The only real times supplements are needed is post workout whey for quick absorbtion, and for the break from whole food every now and then. A nice chocolate shake sure is nice sometimes. You can only make a chicken breast or any kind of lean meat so many ways!! By the way, can I ask how black bear meat tastes? Never have heard of anyone eating it before.

============
Quoting from ursusarktos:

I don't mean for the above post be offensive - just to emphasize that people really need to focus on good basic nutrition way more than dietary supplements.

Given the numbers of posts about supplements compared to that of basic foods, I often get the impression that quality meals are given much less a priority than supplements.
=============

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....
ursusarktos
ursusarktos
Canada
2004/02/24, 09:28 AM
I'll agree that it's not convenient to toss a nice thick rare steak in your gym bag for an afterworkout snack. Also from a convenience perspective, your no doubt better off having a quality protein bar or shake after a workout than drivng through the golden arches for a
Supersized McMystery Meat Combo.

BTW - Bear meat is delicious. It has a slightly sweeter taste than venison. While it has more extramuscular fat (which can be cut away) it still has less intramuscular fat than beef. I also forgot to mention wild turkey and on occasion, Caribou (my very favorite).