Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Ankle

neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/05, 04:48 PM
I hurt my ankle a couple weeks ago skateboarding-and, even though it's been quite a few days-there's still a purple line right along the bottom, and the underneath, where the arch should be, is swollen and there's no arch. Also the ankle itself is really swollen and I can't put all my weight on it yet. My parents don't have health insurance so I don't know what to do, but the pain is really bothersome. Any tips? I need some help.
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2005/04/06, 04:20 AM
It maybe that you have torn ligaments in your ankle, but there is no way of telling whether you have a fracture or not over the internet. I would strongly recommend that you have it assessed by a doctor, as you are storing up major problems for the future if it is not properly treated now.
2005/04/06, 07:26 PM
touch your ankle with a light firm grip...if it's excruciating pain then it's more than likely broken if it just hurts....somewhat bad...but u can handle it more or less...then it's probably sprained...keep in mind some sprains are worse than breaks in respect to recovery.....

I really hope you iced it and performed RICE when the injury occurred, that can cut recovery in half...also

try to keep it wrapped....

you can try camphor, menthol, and methyl salicylate to help relief some of the pain...they are all analgestics...should help with some of the pain.......

you can try to take some ibuprofen...1-2 pills every 4-6 hours....don't go above the recommended dosage on the package.....in other words take it only when it really hurts

however....as princess rightly pointed out there's no way to be totally sure of any one thing and you should definetely go have it seen....there are free clinics that help people with no health insurance....search for some on the internet in your area.....

good luck
2005/04/06, 07:27 PM
err seen=checked out by a doctor or a medical professional