Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Am i injuring my foot? Help plz

ajfarsi
ajfarsi
Saudi Arabia
2011/10/12, 01:27 PM
Hi,
I'm a beginner, I just started wight lifting 3 days ago. Today was my first calves & thighs set. When I was doing my Seated Calf Raises, I noticed that I'm feeling pressure and slight pain in my foot rather than in my calf. Am I doing the exercise wrong? Because I'm afraid that this might be a good way to injure my foot.
2011/10/12, 02:56 PM
Look up seated calf raises in the exercise resources tab. Make sure your form is perfect. Make sure you didn't try to begin with too much weight. Does it hurt to walk. If so, Wait until it doesn't hurt and try again with less weight while paying attention to form. Warm up adequately. The theory behind FT workouts is to work each muscle group once a week and allow that week for recovery.

Do your cardio 3 to 5x per week regardless unless you feel the pain is serious. You must be the judge of pain. Rest/Ice and time will heal minor problems. If pain persists go to the doctor.

It's very normal to hurt in odd places for the first few weeks or months depending on age and what kind of shape you're in.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
ajfarsi
ajfarsi
Saudi Arabia
2011/10/12, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the help.
No, it doesn't hurt at all. It hurt very slightly while I was doing the exercise. The pain is not an issue, my concern is that I might be training the wrong muscle.
2011/10/12, 07:54 PM
Pain that doesn't go away is a warning. Pay attention to what your body tells you. Sounds like you're okay.

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie