Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Advice on Gainers/Whey Supplements

Myrafae
Myrafae
United States
2009/01/09, 03:29 AM
So I've been working out for about an year, but unfortunately, never had the adequate nutrition to back it up. After a considerable hiatus, I am now wanting to get back into hitting the gym, but with a good nutritional plan to go with it.

I have a VERY fast metabolism and have a considerably difficult time putting on any weight. As a college student, it's hard for me to get the amount of calories/proteins/carbs/etc from food alone so I must supplement to meet my needs. So far, I have a tub of CytoSport Cytogainer and have read many positive reviews about it as a weight gainer. I was planning on using this solely as supplement but stumbled upon Dymatize's Elite Gourmet Whey Protein. I was wondering if it would benefit me in any way by adding this to my arsenal, or would taking Cytogainer for all the times I take shakes suffice?

I've read elsewhere that the benefit of Dymatize's product is that it includes casein as well as whey. And there supposedly have been recent studies that showed that a casein + whey PWO is preferred over a pure whey PWO. What are your guys' and gals' thoughts on this?

Should I add Dymatize or just stick to Cytogainer. And also, if I add Dymatize, exactly how should I be taking both of these? (ie, take Dymatize as PWO, Cyto during the rest of day; take both PWO, Dymatize before bed, etc etc)

Thanks for the advice!
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2009/01/09, 02:08 PM
I like Cytogainer quite a bit as a PWO shake. Over-all you should try to get your protein and over all calorie intake from good clean food sources. I've never used Dymatize before, and unless you're having a really hard time getting your calorie count up, I'd stick with just a PWO shake.