Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

Advice is greatly appreciated :)

mhap89
mhap89
United States
2012/04/20, 12:40 PM
Hello, My name is Melissa, I'm 22 and have never really exercised in my life! I've always eaten anything I wanted and never really suffered any visible consequences. I now have a 2 year old and can't seem to get rid of this extra weight or "exta" skin. Theres more details in my profile/flog. Any and all information, tips, guidelines ar greatly appreciated. I can't wait to start a better, healthier, slimmer life!
2012/04/20, 01:05 PM
Welcome to Freetrainers mhap89. Congratulations on thaking the first step. Fitness is a lifestyle decision. Your diet is the first place to start. An easy change would be to eat as little processed food, sodas and sugar as possible. Be gentle on yourself and make the changes gradually. Pick one of the workouts under the exercise heading that looks like it will helpyou to  meet your goals. The full body workout is a good one that appears to fit your equipment.

Start slowly. Perfect your form with light weights. If you hurt yourself or get too sore, you'll want to quit. Pick some groups in the comminity section that fit your interests. We'd love to have you in the beginners group and I think there is a post pregnancy group but I'm afraid to look.  Stick with it. Good luck meeting your goals.
mhap89
mhap89
United States
2012/04/20, 02:15 PM
Thank you very much, I will definitely have to check out some of these!
2012/04/20, 06:43 PM
You're welcome kiddo. Keep asking questions. Beautiful mommy and baby by the way.
2012/04/21, 08:23 PM
Welcome and good luck to ya,

Great advice CharlieMV. I would like to say that if you are unfamiliar with the exercises then also watch some videos or if you know someone that knows how to do it then get them to show you. Reason for this is that sometimes people dont know wether they are doing exercises properly and either injury themselves or dont get the full potential out of the exercise. I see it all the time at the gym.

also try to do exercises that you enjoy so you will stick at it.
2012/04/21, 10:19 PM
Always on the money Imbrace-it.
mhap89
mhap89
United States
2012/04/23, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys. I started working out yesterday. I'm starting slow since I'm new. I alternated speed walking and running on the treadmill for 20 minutes, did the bike thing for 5 to cool down cuz I got a little dizzy, lol. Then did 20 sit UPS on this inclined bench. I tried doing a few squats but I don't think I was doing them right, didn't really feel like I was working anything. My tummy definitely got a work out as its a little sore today. I really need these love handles gone but I'm not sure how to Target them. Any advice?
2012/04/23, 08:16 PM
well done on doing some exercise and making the change to improve be proud of what you have done so far.

Unfortunately you cant choose where to lose fat from, you can target muscles to work them but that doesnt mean you will lose the fat from that area. If you follow a sound nutritiion plan and continue to exercise the love handles will go.