Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

3 Protien shakes

dakotalynn
dakotalynn
United States
2005/01/19, 05:37 PM
I barley eat any meet because i really dont have time to since i work 14 hours a day so ill drink 3 protien shakes one around 2pm 1 around 7pm and 1 around 2am after i go to the jym because i have to go to the jym late or els i wont be abel to go. is this an ok plan or not?
t-babe
t-babe
United Kingdom
2005/01/19, 06:29 PM
protein shakes should really be supplemental to your diet. a lot of people use them, like your doing, to aid a busy schedule. however, the best nutrients etc to get are from healthy meals combining all food groups. you don't really mention what else you are eating and when. healthy snacks are easy to come by: fresh fruit, low fat yoghurts, almonds/cashews (unsalted) etc. breakfast cereals such as porridge can be quick and easy as can be eggs. getting your meals organised in advance is a big plus and would cancel out your need to have 3 protein shakes in a day.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2005/01/19, 10:19 PM
She's right, protein shakes shouldn't be your main source of protein, just supplemental. Your best overall source of protein is found in eggs, and don't forget those fruits and vegetables-they are absolutely vital. The smartest meat choice would be some turkey or chicken, and tuna is a good choice.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

kakaroto
kakaroto
El Salvador
2005/01/21, 03:59 PM
agreed with both of them