Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

how to use Glut., Whey?

latingq
latingq
United States
2001/09/20, 08:59 AM
I just bought some Whey protein supp. and some Glutamine (powder) and am just wondering how much (in g or mg) should I take a day, when exactly in the day should I take it, and whether I should indeed take it every day, even on rest days. I work out usually in the evening since I work the usual 9-5. Anybody with good experience using these supplements can let me know any other advice too

thanks.
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/09/20, 12:13 PM
latingq,

what exactly are your goals?

Glutamine should be used right after your workout.. then before you go to bed (5 grams). Whey should be used to help you with your total protein requirements. Usually you need about 1 to 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight.

Good Luck.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
latingq
latingq
United States
2001/09/21, 08:52 AM
well I'm trying to gain some serious muscle mass, not as much as Arnold though hehe. I have a fast metabolism so it's hard for me to gain weight and thus I am pretty slim so I figured I'd add some muscle mass instead.

so am I supposed to be taking glut pretty much twice a day when I workout (5g after workout + 5g before bed = 10g) and maybe just once before bed on days I do not? how do you suggest?