Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

absolutely no weights?

kibbz
kibbz
United States
2001/09/18, 10:50 AM
alright guy please bear with me. for this rest period should i do absolutely no weight training? i take boxing classes and i couldnt help but do a couple sets of dips last night. is this bad to do? or is it ok to do some pushups or dips during this period?
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/09/18, 11:38 AM

its up to you...you can start out doing exercises with no weights for a month or 2 and then use FW and machines..

try theses which require new weight for example:
pushups for the chest
dips for the triceps or closely spaced arms in pushups
deep-knee presses for legs
one-leg calf raises for calves
bar rowing between two chairs or chins for back
hyperextensions for the lower back
crunches and all those other stuff 4 the abs
pullups for the biceps
lateral raises using books or something (their harder than they seem) for the shoulders

kibbz
kibbz
United States
2001/09/18, 03:18 PM
no no no. i already did the 12 week mass and now i am in the rest period. i want to know if doing something like dips or pushups will interfere. will i still get the same benefits out of the rest? or should i not do anything?
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/09/21, 04:18 AM
ic..
didn't notice anything about a 12 week prog
doing dips and other slight exercises won't miss your goals up....but don't train too hard during the break so that you can come back energized for yet another tough exercise routine.