Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

honey black seed

bigdavid
bigdavid
United States
2001/08/13, 11:37 AM
Effect gym I met a guy who look very big.
He takes only about 30 second between reps
for recovery time, this guy lifts have
his rep range from 12 to 15 3 sets.
I was surprise that he didn't need
a lot of recovery time even tho at his age
he at least in his mid 40's.
he told me that what helps him was black seed and honey..its called booster. His been taking it for 5 months and it helps him a lot ever since he started to take it.
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/08/13, 12:02 PM

this guy is putting in some type of herbal supplement..
I heard a lot of good stuff about black seeds..but some guys are warninig that honey contains a lot of sugar
bigdavid
bigdavid
United States
2001/08/13, 10:00 PM
yeah
black seed is good.i looked it up..alot of good stuff.
why are they warning about honey ?,,pure honey
if its not made from suger i know its sweet,but
whats the effect of suger and working out.

snowboarder_76
snowboarder_76
United States
2001/08/14, 01:31 PM
Evening primrose oil (EPO), black currant seed oil, and borage oil contain gamma linolenic acid (GLA), a fatty acid that the body converts to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin E1 (PGE1). PGE1 has anti-inflammatory properties and may also act as a blood thinner and blood vessel dilator.

The anti-inflammatory properties of EPO have been studied in double-blind research with people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. Some, but not all, studies have reported that EPO supplementation provides significant benefit to these people.

GLA, the primary active ingredient in EPO, has anticancer activity in test tube studies and in some, but not all, animal studies. Injecting GLA into tumors has caused regression of cancer in people in preliminary research. Very preliminary evidence in people with cancer suggested “marked subjective improvement,” though not all studies find GLA helpful.

EPO has been reported to lower cholesterol levels in people in some, but not all, research.

Linoleic acid, a common fatty acid found in nuts and seeds and most vegetable oils (including EPO), should theoretically convert to PGE1. But many things can interfere with this conversion, including disease, the aging process, saturated fat, hydrogenated oils, blood sugar problems, and inadequate vitamin C, magnesium, zinc, and B vitamins. Supplements that provide GLA circumvent these conversion problems, leading to more predictable formation of PGE1.