Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Weak after a night of sex

bigdavid
bigdavid
United States
2001/08/06, 12:56 PM
i noticed that

after having sex a night before
my regular workout. i don't lift as much weight
as i normally do. or get a good workout.
is this normal .
thanks
the_w8lifter
the_w8lifter
United States
2001/08/06, 03:05 PM
I think this is a myth. However, on nights that you have sex, several things could be occuring that negatively impact your workouts. Are you having sex late at night when you are usually sleeping? Lack of sleep, especially if you lift in the morning can effect this. Long periods of sex? This is a physical activity you know. Focus lost in the gym thinking about last night or thinking you are "weaker" because of sex? Lifting takes a psychological conditioning as you know. Lack of focus can seriously impact you workout. Look for other factors like I have mentioned above and try to identify changes in your pre-workout behavior. The myth out there is that during sex you release all this testosterone and just can't recuperate fast enough to lift (box, play football, etc.) the next day. No way. Normal men can handle this easily.
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/08/07, 09:13 PM
Hey w8,

Absolutely agree with you. Also, on those nights you are having activity are you drinking and staying up late?Alcohol will make you wasted, workout and otherwise. Like w8 says, rest is soooo important. I find myself ready for bed by 10 pm and earlier. Focus is really important. I think about lifting and working out all day long. It consumes me!!

coolness...
badcav
badcav
United States
2001/08/08, 04:20 AM
"Normal men can handle this easily."

Agreed. I have sex on a more regular basis than I work out, and I have never noticed any lacking in my workouts.

-Jim