Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Yet Another Newbie

jboise
jboise
Canada
2001/06/25, 03:42 PM
Hello Everyone
Just a little about me and then my question. I am 33 and until the last little while pretty inactive for 18 years or so. I have never worked out and would have rathered watch a movie than do anything that involved effort. So I finally bit the bullet. Big life style change hockey, curling (it is to a sport), cycling roller anything. Big diet to loose the keg dropped 32 pounds off my 197 pound 5'8" (scrawny frame) and three weeks ago when I lost as much as I felt was nedded started a weight lifting program on FT. So far it is going well and I will have lots of questions. I am haveing a great time at it though.
I am currently taking the stength and mass?? program along with the 12 week ab program. I am wondering at this moment about my Toothpicks..ahhhm forarms, there does not seem to be to many (any) exercises aimed at them. Is there any exercises that I can do to target this area or will they come along as i work the rest of my upper body.
Any help would be appriciated
Jimi B
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2001/06/25, 08:29 PM
Welcome Jimi B.

Glad to hear you have joined ft and decided to make a change!

For your question of forearm training.. it is a tricky muscle. It is like your calves.. you must really train it past the BURN. Since you are in the mass & strength program, I will assume that the reps are low.. so heavier weights are used right? Your forearms are working quite a bit. There isn't really any need.. give it a month.

.o0 Arnold 0o.
mongrel2012
mongrel2012
Australia
2001/06/25, 11:03 PM
you could thicken the bar by wrapping a towel around it