Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

morning running

tre12
tre12
United States
2001/04/25, 09:29 PM
ok i need some real good advice. i have been running every morning (first thing) for the past month or so. about a twenty minute run. i heard that this burns more fat than running later. is this true? But my main concern is: I really want to gain mass and strentgh. but at the same time i want to be ripped and defined. is running stopping me from gaining muscle mass and size? can i gain mass and strength and still get ripped at the same time? should i stop my running?
bicep
bicep
Canada
2001/04/25, 11:36 PM
at first you`re goin` to notice that you `re loosing a lot of weight...but it`s the fat....

runnin` improves your stamina and overall strength...
keep it up .....
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/04/26, 08:18 AM
try more on the dieting..make sure you don't lose more than 3lb every week or you will be losing muscle mass with it..running is excellent as bicep said and I don't think that running for 20 min aday would interfere in anyway with your muscle mass gaining...Keep it up
Amr
Spedward
Spedward
United States
2001/04/26, 06:18 PM
ha...well it truely interfered with my gains.
i used to run every morning at 5:30 before i ate... before anything, and damn, did i get ripped, but when i started to try to put on mass it seemed to be holding me back, so i just knocked out all cardo for 2 months...in those two months i gained like 6lbs of muscle...and i was still ripped. Just try to pick up the pace in the gym though.....cut down on your rest between sets....
ah....diet too....most importantly
kevtheraise
kevtheraise
United Kingdom
2001/04/27, 06:23 AM
I rarely exercise in the morning on an empty stomach but, i do alot of sprinting ...this really can help mantain as well as build muscle i believe.It also builds stamina and is a really good way to stay or get fit! Checkout www.masterstrack.com there's some good routines on there..mind though.It's hard work!!!
EDowgos
EDowgos
United States
2001/04/29, 08:09 AM
There are a couple of ways that running can help you out. Slower long distance running will burn fat, whereas short distant sprints will help to build muscle and strength. As an example, look at the body shape and size diffrences between sprinters and marathoners. Yes, an extreme example, but it gives you the idea.

Personally, I run in the morning, longer distance because I want to burn some fat. But I have also made a choice to run sprints to help build muscle.

Depending on the #of days you like to run, I would recommend a 20 minute run to help burn fat on one day and on another day run sprints, with a rest between each sprint. The rest should be a fast walk.

Good luck and I hope this helps!!!