Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

My workout VS FT's

bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/04/10, 08:52 PM
Ft's Gain Muscle mass workout seems to work one muslce group per week.

I train same muscle twice a week. Legs can wait since they're already big.

My workout:
Mon- Chest - Bicep - Tricep
Tues- Shoulders - Back - Trap - Forearms
Wed- Off for now , but probably gonna add abs in here..
Thurs- Chest - Bicep - Tricep
Fri- Shoulders - Back - Trap - Forearms
Sat and Sun off for now, but should add one day of abs in here ..

Now my Q is , is it better to work a muscle group only once a week?

I mean I am getting stronger every week that goes by so , should I just stop my routine and try what FT recommends?

Dan
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/04/11, 02:21 AM

training each bodypart once a week gives it more time to recover..the only exception is for abs and calves. You need to train your legs 2 bro BTW.

Amr_Mr.Olympia
Amr_Mr.Olympia
Egypt
2001/04/11, 04:01 AM
Never think your legs are too big...I did that for a month and I regreted it... also twice aweek for some people can be OK, but mostly it is too much you need time to recover
Amr
bombx
bombx
Canada
2001/04/13, 05:45 PM
Alright Ill try to do exactly the FT's routine. To be honest I noticed me getting stronger but I think its me being *newbie*.I didnt use alot of weight at first then noticed I could use a bit more but I aint really getting bigger so I guess the muscles dont have enough time to recover and actually get bigger....

And about my legs well, I dont train at a gym and all I got at home is a bench with tons of freeweight so Im pretty limited. But Im slowly starting my biking routine and soon Ill be up in the mountains , if this snow could go away someday ....We'll be in june and still snow :/

Dan
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/13, 11:25 PM
Doing heavy leg exercises like squats may help your body increase testosterone production. This may help you grow overall. If you can find a way to blast your legs it might be of great benefit to you. Where there's a will there's a way! In the mean time sprints on your bike will help recruit those fast twitch muscle fibers. Legs are important!
skeld2001
skeld2001
United States
2001/04/13, 11:26 PM
Doing heavy leg exercises like squats may help your body increase testosterone production. This may help you grow overall. If you can find a way to blast your legs it might be of great benefit to you. Where there's a will there's a way! In the mean time sprints on your bike will help recruit those fast twitch muscle fibers. Legs are important!