Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Abs Sore Recovery

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2001/03/23, 12:26 PM
I had 2 questions so I thought i'd wrap em into one post.

1. Do muscles that are better worked recover faster from soreness... for the past 2 years I only worked my chest/upper abs/biceps and now I started this program. Now my legs, which I never worked before, have been sore about 4 days now and my chest was sore but that was for about a day tops. Did my chest lose its soreness quicker because I worked this area before or did I just hurt my legs somehow while working out.

2. I missed the link to the ab program at the bottom of the page the first week. Now this program's first week falls on the same day as some ab exercises of my current program (ex: the ab program says 2 sets of 15 crunches on sat while the normal prog says 3 sets of 15) which one should I follow and if I go by the ab program does this mean I cut out the other ab exercises in my normal program (things it lists like hanging twists which aren't listed in the 12 week ab program)
sunnyjack
sunnyjack
United States
2001/03/23, 06:25 PM
#1 - It makes sense that your legs would be sore if you have not been working them until now. Recovery is faster for muscles that are used to being worked.

#2 - If I were you I would do all of the ab work from both programs.
bore
bore
United States
2001/03/24, 03:19 AM
i've lifted for 12 years. Each of my body parts are sore for about 3-4 days after my workout. The more you lift the heavier youlift, the longer it takes to recuperate. So you legs and chest should take about the same amount of time to heal.
As for your abs, if you can do all the ab exercises, then do them, if not do what you can.

Rob
green9r
green9r
United States
2001/04/12, 10:29 PM
Somewhere on the site I read that your ab program is to replace what's on your regular routine, however, even though I read that I still do all my ab exercises.