Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Stitches on the shoulders!!!

Tarek
Tarek
Egypt
2001/02/06, 04:09 PM
Hi people...
i've been enrolled into proffessional bodybuilding a while ago. But for the past ten months, i started noticing some weird horizontal red lines on the inner part of both my shoulders. i've seen some doctors, and they said that it all comes from the stretching of my skin, since my muscles are growing fast. Bearing in mind that i don't take any steroids or even any kind of supplements, does anybody have any idea on what i can do. The doctors said that they are going to go by time, but not completely. Please, if you have anything to say to help, then don't hesitate.
Thanks alot.
BillK
BillK
United States
2001/02/06, 05:46 PM
First of all how do you compete against all those steroid users? Just a question. I don't know of anyway to quickly remove the stretch marks but you can prevent it from getting any worse by using Vitamin E Cream. Vitamin E Cream helps ladies from getting stretch marks during pregnancy.

Another Question? How did you change your routine in order to achieve such muscle gains?

~billk~
Adrian
Adrian
Switzerland
2001/02/07, 08:22 AM
Stretch marks are a result of the lack of Zinc in your body. Now that you have them, they will never completely go away, but they will fade with time. Supplementing your diet with Zinc Pilcolonate should prevent them from getting worse. Also, applying a vitamin E oil to it should help things out a little bit. Do note however, that a regular hand cream with vitamin E in it has too low concentrations of the vitamin. You would need an actual vitamin E oil, which you can buy at skin care or natural health stores.

Some people can undergo little growth and get stretch marks, while others can go through amazing growth and not get a single stretch mark. Others may get stretch marks but they are so closely matched to their skin tone that they are unnoticable. It all depends on your skin type genetics; it is not directly related to whether you've taken steroids or not.

Adrian
bore
bore
United States
2001/02/07, 09:46 PM
I have stretch marks on my shoulders, biceps, triceps, legs, back and any where i've forced growth. Never used steroids or anything like that. If you look at most bodybuilders they all have them. I kniw of nothing that will stop them or make them go away.
Rob