Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

How to get and stay Motivated

kevink8
kevink8
United States
2003/02/09, 09:58 PM
I have a problem sticking with any kind of exercise routine. I was wondering how all of you are able to get motivated and stay motivated to keep going back to the gym.
CHILDSTAR
CHILDSTAR
United States
2003/02/09, 10:13 PM
Hey... im having the same problem... i either cant find time to go to the gym... or im just not motivated to keep going and my dad cancles my membership all the time because of it.... i need to know how to keep motivated

--------------
*~*~*~*~*~WAITIN TO SEE 150!!!~*~*~*~*~*
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/02/09, 10:23 PM
I think if you go and don't worry about what your friends are doing you will make it a habit. Think of the good you are doing for your body. It became my hobby after starting just to get back in shape. Keep track of your workouts, and that in itself will keep you going. Keep up with us over 40 people. You CAN do it!
Hope this helps.

--------------
Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt!

Ivan Montreal Canada
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/02/10, 02:41 AM
I love the results....... Okey I have no problem in training every day, but what can be more difficult for me is always eating this big amount of proteins and simply eating enough!
Believe in yourself and know what you want.
That's my very best advice.
Good luck!

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
London
London
United States
2003/02/10, 10:22 AM
I agree. Once you start seeing results that your efforts are paying off, it's a huge incentive to keep at it. I've only been doing this a few months, but I hate my rest days now cause I want to work out. It's a great stress reliever and helps me sleep at night as well.
Marx-22
Marx-22
Canada
2003/02/11, 05:21 PM
I have been working off on and off the past 3 years. I would go to the gym a few weeks and give up each time and take 3 to 6 months for me to get motivated again to go to the gym.

I believe I was like that because i would go into the gym and for the 2 or 3 weeks see all the other people who were in so much better shape then i am. I worried so much I decided to stop because quite frankly .. I was too impatient to see results. I had some results but none that outweighed the envy of all the ppl in the gym.

How I got over it was A) I now record my workouts always writing down what workouts I do, how many sets and how many reps per set, and B) I kicked myself in the ass for being bothered by others and told myself that if I keep up with my routine I will one day look like them and cause some other poor sap to feel bad about being at the gym .. LoL

Hope this helps .. P.S. if I am feeling especially unmotivated on one of my workout I find it helps to listen to music to keep myself focused on the workout.

Mark

--------------
He Who controls the past,
commands the future.
He who commands the future,
conquers the past.
- Kane
davidov
davidov
Canada
2003/02/13, 02:19 PM
Whenever I have a problem with motivation, I either search websites or read some magazines on bodybuilding. I think it really helps to read what people that share the same goals as you think and that it helps you to remember your goals. Reading a lot of the posts on this site help a great deal too.
ngower
ngower
Canada
2003/02/13, 08:59 PM
To keep my self motivated I write down my goals in a note book, I read them to my self when I goto bed and as soon as I wake up in the morning. It sounds kinda silly, but it has really helped me.

Nathan
kelvinator
kelvinator
Australia
2005/03/27, 10:29 AM
hi there this is my first post to this site and im very out of shape.. my problem is weird (this is going to sound very stupid) when ever i start an exercise program no matter what it is, after about 2 weeks I have this dream that im standing in front of a mirror and im all buffed and ripped when I wake up the motivation and determination is gone and I go back to the same ol lifestyle untill i scrape enough will to start again usually about 6 months later does any one have any thoughts on this (im not a weirdo,phsyco,nuts Or a freak :surprised:
sourjujube
sourjujube
Canada
2005/03/27, 11:52 AM
Honestly, Kelvin, I think pretty much everyone goes through this in all aspects of their lives at one time or another....before my son started talking (he was diagnosed with autism), I would dream about him chatting up a storm and how beautiful his little voice was, only to wake up and come to the realization (again) that this wasn't the case. And I do sometimes have dreams where I look like I used to and wake up to find that I weigh 60 lbs more...it's pretty depressing. It's at these times that you have to push harder...why would you want to undo the hard work you already put into it. Attitude and positive thinking are strong motivators...work on that as well!

Take care,

Caroline
maniac74
maniac74
United Kingdom
2005/05/01, 05:39 PM
i found it reeeeally hard 2 get motivated 2 do my weight lifting, i used to do like half an hour one day then wait and then some more a few WEEKS later and i couldnt give up junk food. But then i just looked ta my muscles and researched on what good excercise n stuff can do for u and now i work out 3 times a week and i try to eat as healthily as i can (although thats the hardest bit when ur addicted to sugar as much as i am!). But still, after that its become habit (working out frequently and eating healthily) and the fact that i've seen visible improvements makes it easier. there is nothing worse than starting out workin out and not seein any improvememnt but just be patient and when u finally do see improvement and u can feel better u'll be waaay more motivated
p.s sry about late post but i just felt i had somethin really relevant 2 say....for once....lol
eaglesfan
eaglesfan
United States
2005/05/04, 12:07 AM
i hate genetics. Most my relatives are fat people who have never even heard of excercising. My parents aren't really motivating either. I want to try out for football next year that's the main reason i joined this forum for it's program benifits. But my parents wont let me they think i'll break all my bones. And end up paralyzed. So I really feel like how much i've been working out is useless. But i do it anyway in hopes of one day my parents might change their minds.
druid1
druid1
United States
2009/07/16, 09:46 PM
I have a hard time staying motivated with any program I was ever on. Even when I was in the military. so I am Asking for some real help
nikkytaylor89
nikkytaylor89
United States
2009/09/24, 12:36 AM
i also have a hard time staying motivated i will go hard core at working out see some results and think i can relax for a bit then i start to slack and come up with excuses it happens every time with out fail what are some way to get past this.
emk16
emk16
United States
2011/01/17, 01:14 AM
Me, exercising? thats insane!!! :laugh: but seriously, I would love to have the motivation to become a healthy, fit, and nice looking person. I am not a self thinking person, but I don't feel right in my own skin. I am about average weight, but I am not in shape, what so ever. So, if anyone has any tips to stay motivated, please help me! Thanks!!
~Emily