Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

just back into healthy living...

BAMA_BC
BAMA_BC
United States
2002/11/26, 01:42 PM
I am trying to get back into a good, healthy toned figure. I have always been an athlete with big biceps and thighs. Over the past couple of years though, due to less and less activity and a job that requires no physical work, I've put on about 20lbs mostly in my waist and upper legs.. First, I have bad knees from catching in baseball from little league through college. So I am not able to do very much with my legs without alot of soreness and pain. Leg presses and squats are completely out of the question due to doctor's orders.. bottom line I have no cartilage in my knees. What exercises can I do to keep my thighs and hams from turning to mush, without hurting my knees any worse..??
secondly, any tips on toning down a "keg" stomach back into a "6-pack" would be much appreciated. I know alot about working out my abdominal muscles, but I need help with the dietary side of things... Once again, any help would be much appreciated!! thanks...
rkahl
rkahl
United States
2002/11/26, 01:51 PM
Try rowing. It's very easy on the knees and also will work the abs. It's really a full body workout. My wife cannot even walk up and down steps barely because of her bad knee but can row like a maniac. As far as diet, I recommend using the nutrition tracker but modifing the ratios to something more like 40/40/20 or 40/30/30 P/C/F. Avoid sugar like the plague. Just my opinion. I'm sure you will get more.

--------------
Randy

*Excuses are the skin of a reason stuffed with a lie.*

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2002/11/26, 06:17 PM
Rowing is so much fun! that is something that I do miss from the gym. Not only is it easy on the knees but gives you and awesome back, shoulders and arms workout as well and makes great definition when the pounds shed.

--------------
Bettia.... You are nothing less than Beautiful in my eyes.