Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

I'd like the ideas of mature persons...

bluerocks
bluerocks
Philippines
2002/12/01, 10:11 PM
i am in love with a woman...

everytime we are together, i try to give her the best things i can do. i cook for her, or she teaches me some recipees that i will cook for her and we will dine it together. i'm very fond with her three daughters (not mine) cuz she's a widow. i love her so much that i sing to her when she is sad, i write poems and stories for her so she can amuse herself and feel my presence even without me by her side. i shadowed my negative attitudes with what positive attitudes i am best with so she can be proud of me, and up to now she IS proud... lemme say it again, i love her...

but she is 38 years old...

i am 22...

and they are laughing at ME...

like, they are asking "what the hell is wrong with you?" "some beach babe is eyeing you and you choose a what, a hag?" i know they do not understand because there is no way they would want to place themselves in my shoes, or in my woman's shoes, and their bickering and snickering hurts. it doesn't hurt my pride, but it really hurts me thinking "what if my love was hearing all these?" it would surely shatter her so much.

and then these older guys came mooning on her like some dumb hungry hyenas with the obnoxious grins on their respective faces... sheesshhh... and she doesn't mind them because she claims she has a, uhh, "better man" (like i feel flattered!)

my question is, are there any mature persons out there who would at least say something positive? or if it is really a f----ing incompatibility, please tell me. i don't want to shatter her in the future, i love her too much to think of that...

by the way, im asian, and you know the way our maturity grows. slowly, but surely. like i can still see some old geezers around here, succesful and all, but throws tantrums like a milk-suckling idiot...

thanks for any help...
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/12/01, 10:19 PM
Hey, age does not mean a thing. If you are both in love, enjoy it. My in-laws are 10 yrs difference and they are married 53 yrs.
When I was 19 I dated a women 41, boy all I can say now is, what an education. Perhaps try taking her to the gym with you, and watch out!
Good Luck to you, Thats a real nice story.
btw, at 38 she isn't an old hag, shes experienced in life.
Have fun.

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/12/01, 11:56 PM
If you are both in love with one another, no one has the right to judge your relationship. My cousin married a man who was 20 years older than her, and they've been very happily married for years and now have a baby. If you truly are in love, then don't let anyone tell you it's wrong! If two people bring out the best in eachother, the other people shouldn't matter. Just make sure that all the feelings are mutual. I just had my heart bruised up, so maybe I'm a little bitter. Keep your eyes and heart open. All the best to you.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2002/12/02, 07:47 AM
Well remember many guys your age are immature. You, on the other hand seem like you got your head together and have reached a maturity level that they have not! It will all pass, the comments etc. Just follow your heart and everything else will fall in place. She may set you in the right tracks with life with her experiences etc.
keemo
keemo
United States
2003/01/09, 04:42 PM
Do what you feel. Forget what others say. There are no rules when it comes to being in love.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2003/01/11, 10:27 PM
Don't look at age. Look at what really matters. My sister was married to a guy about 4 years older than her and he turn out to be a jerk. She is now dating a guy 12 years older than her and seems to be good for her. Age doesn't play a big factor unless you make it a big factor. And as for the remarks, just tell them you didn't ask for their input and to mind their own business. Hope everything works out well.

--------------
Lisa
sandysford
sandysford
United States
2003/01/11, 10:31 PM
Follow your heart, don't let a few rude heartless people rule your hearts choice.

--------------
I will lift my own weight someday!!!!!