Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Weight Training

alokebanerjee
alokebanerjee
India
2002/04/13, 02:52 AM
I am almost 40. About 20 years ago I used to practice Kung Fu but could not continue because of work pressure. But then I have started practicing again for the last one year and there is a problem. I get tired soon, lose my breath and there is less power in my kicks. Can weight training help ? I need advice.
Thanking you in advance.

Aloke
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/04/13, 09:07 AM
Oh yes weight training and cardio can help you get a stronger heart and health.

Don't worry about the age, it's never too late.

Good luck to you and please fill in your profile.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/04/13, 10:51 AM
Aloke, welcome to ft! Which style of Kung Fu are you practicing (just out of curiosity)?

Anyway, weight training can help you with developing power back in your legs and with endurance. My first advice would be to begin an ft mass program. Then, incorporate some cardiovascular exercises to aid in developing your endurance.

Also, use your search button for some stretching exercises to help you gain some flexibility. Type "flexability" in your search field (yes it is mispelled) as a member was kind enough to share their routine with us.

Good luck!

--------------
**_Robert_**