Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Chest Lifts

send2archan
send2archan
United Kingdom
2003/04/06, 03:07 AM
Hi guys ,
i wanna lift heavy for my chest b'cos its quite weak than my other bodyparts.Suppose i get 2 a repetition of 3 to 4 without the help of a spotter,then in my next set should i increase my weight further??Can anyone really teach me ho 2 lift heavy fo the chest or recommend me any great site offering such free assistance like this website ?? plss help me guys.My chest is very weak and hence cant pose bare chested in front of the camera.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2003/04/06, 07:44 PM
Pick a weight you can do 6 to eight reps with, the last rep being very difficult and maybe needing a spotter. You can go up when you can do three sets of 10 on your own with that weight. Once every few chest workouts, load up the bar (after a good warm-up and warm-up set with your previous weight) with about ten lounds more than you have been doing. Get a spotter and do at least six reps, then back down for you next two sets. This has worked for me pretty well.
Or, you could do the mass gain program for chest that is on this site. It is a good program and will help with more than just getting your bench weight up, which isn't the most important thing.
Focus on good form and a well-rounded program.

--------------
Challenge + Consistency = Results