Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

the right way to gain strength?

Xphobicas
Xphobicas
Canada
2003/03/25, 07:14 PM

In theory shouldn't the way to gain strength is by doing strength exercises almost everyday of the week (even for the same muscle group).The body would have to adapt and come back bigger and stronger.Like lumberjacks who are big and strong because of their hard jobs that they do almost every day of the week?My friend has been gaining muscle and he works out the same muscle 6 days of the week while i work out that same muscle once or twice a week.He works the muscle out even through pain and he is bigger and stronger than me.I feel like the gains have stopped and i'm not getting that much stronger with my current train muscle group once a week 6-8 reps scheme.Should i switch over and try my friend's hardcore workouts scheme.It works well with him.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2003/03/26, 09:27 AM
What do you mean that he works out the same muscle 6 days a week? That he is like doing bench 6 days a week? I can tell you from my experience that for some that might work but for most it would lead to injury. It might not be a bad idea once in a while as a shock. Let me know what you mean by the 6 day a week thing ok? We will go from there. Actually if you can put down exactly what your friend does each workout.

--------------
IF YOU CAN STILL ITCH YOUR NOSE AFTER ARM DAY, GO DO ANOTHER SET!!!
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/03/26, 06:11 PM
Just about anything will work for a little while - that doesn't make it the best option. Also, don't ever compare your results to that of another - there's far too many factors involved to make a comparison. He might have much better genetics.
Of course, nothing I can say can dissuade you from doing something that you deem proper. If you'd like, try it out for a couple months and see how it works for you. Then report back and tell us how it went.
Is your friend, uh, pharmaceutically enhanced by chance?

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan
Xphobicas
Xphobicas
Canada
2003/04/02, 03:54 PM

My friend is only on creatine and he is not that genetically blessed i weigh around 143 lbs and he ways around 152lbs.We are both runts just trying to hit around 180 lbs or soo.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2003/04/03, 10:52 AM
genetics play abig role....naturally i have strong legs i can squate 405 7 times and leg press over 1100 lbs for reps. however i can only bench about 300 or so lol. Arnald swarzanigger( can't spell) worked out 6 days a week doinga split workout one inthe morning and one at the evening he did the same workout only 72 hours after he did it the day of. genetics is a big part however he will either get stronger for a while, then he will start to get smaller due to over training....and will probably get hurt too in the process. PLus is is neglacting alot of other body parts doing this......my saying is......"YOUR ONLY STRONG AS UR WEAKEST MUSCLE"