Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

NEED B BIGGEST FASTEST STRONGEST SMARTES

GOWAR
GOWAR
United States
2003/02/22, 05:33 PM
HOWDY, again , the last guy who answered my last post wasnt much help at all , what i really need from FT is a workout that will give me a body that is well muscle defined, massive, stronger than what I am now, i weigh 197lbs, im 6'3'' tall, i havent maxed out in all of the following this just from my last workout set, front squat 200lbs, bench 160, parallel squat 270, cleans 160, those are my primary lifts from my coaches. I need and want to parallel squat 400lbs, bench 200-250lbs, clean 200-250, and front squat 250-300, this is all for next football season which will begin the first week of august , also i'd like to develop a 6 pack or a very strong stomach that could take a blow from a head hit, I just need to develop everywhere and fast, I ONLY HAVE 5 MONTHS LEFT , HELP, and when i go to change my ft workout for extra special programs it will only allow me to select the 12 week ab program , does anyone know why???? HELLPPPPPPPP PLEASEEE!!!
mackfactor
mackfactor
United States
2003/02/24, 11:39 AM
You're talking about 2 or 3 separate and distinct goals there, pal. Each one requires a different type of workout and training method. Getting bigger requires increasing your calories and hypertrophy training (sets of 8-12 reps). Getting faster and more explosive requires plyometric and dynamic weight training with more emphasis on Olympic-type lifts. Getting a six pack (which has no relevance whatsoever to football) requires a cutting diet and comprehensive 2x per week ab work. You don't need a six pack to withstand hits, you just need stronger abs, there's a distinct difference. Increasing maximal strength requires low-rep, high weight neural training. Can it all be done in 5 months? Yes, but probably not to the degree that you'd like. There is no magic cure all workout program. It takes hard work, knowledge and time.
If you're looking for that type of comprehenzive program, this is not the place to find it. The programs here are designed for the non-athelete looking for physique improvement, not practical training. You need to do the research yourself. No one's going to sit down and draw out a 5 month program for you. Go out on the internet and do searches. Look for books at Amazon.com or at a book store. Talk to your coaches.

--------------
"Don't follow leaders and watch your parking meters!"
-- Bob Dylan
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/02/24, 07:06 PM
For football I would forget the six pack thinking, and any isolated muscle size. What you want to achieve is CORE strength! What good will it do you to have well developed biceps, but if you get hit once, you go down! Concentrate on heavy compound movements for building your overall strength. If you learn bad training habits to begin with, these will stick with you always. Do good solid basic full range compound movements.

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!