Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

what's up with fat burners?

harb2g
harb2g
Canada
2002/08/20, 01:32 AM
i have heard that most fat burners contain ingrediants that make your heart rate go faster, is there any that are natural and that dont' mess up your heart and other organs
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/08/20, 03:01 AM
Well that's what they are suppose to do.....

Please do a search, lots of great posts out there.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
brettmatthew
brettmatthew
United States
2002/08/20, 11:01 AM
If you want to lose fat, I would definitely suggest doing it the old fashion way. A good diet, a good steady exercise program, and patience. This is the only way that has been proven time and time again. It is only my opinion, but taking these supplements with ephedra(ma huang) are only going to hurt you in the long run, especially if you have any health problems that you may or may not already know about. There was a report on the news that a woman was taking a fat burning supplement that her physical trainer told her to take and she ended up having a stroke and dying while she was in the gym. Everyone is getting sued on this one....She was only in her thirties, it just happened that she had high blood pressure that she didn't know about and the ephedra just elevated it even further. Of course, some people have taken it for an exteneded amount of time and have had no reactions. I just don't like to chance it. I also try to stay away from any supplements that have a warning label that says "may cause stroke, seizure, or death if not taken properly." Who really knows what "properly" means. The company that is trying to market it?

good luck
Jingo8
Jingo8
United Kingdom
2002/08/20, 07:39 PM
It does also say to get a check up before taking, not to take with a history of heart problems, high blood pressure etc.

If you take something designed to speed up your heart and raise your blood presure, with out first knowing your current standings... Well, that like blaming McDonalds for getting fat.

I think it's mostly about realising everything is a small part of a large puzzle and going in with your eyes open. Everyone is filing lawsuits for anything these days, hence all these disclaimers.

The machines in our gym have "Caution: If you become dizzy, exhausted, nausiated stop using this equipment and consult your doctor".

If i did that i'd never work out.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/08/20, 09:27 PM
If you take the fat burners like you are supposed to and actually do what you are supposed to, you will be fine. Yes, you should consult a doctor before you take any supplements. If you take ephedra and go on a 5 mile run, yeah, it could really mess you up. You have to know your body and understand when something isn't right. I took the ephedra before a run and didn't feel very well, so I didn't take it before I ran anymore. I would take it when I was doing very light cardio or working out. People want the quick fixes so they don't research products before they take it. That is where you are going to run into problems or like stated before if you have a history of heart problems. Fat burners speed up the heart, yes, that is what they are meant to do. Use the stuff with caution and research before hand and you will be fine.

--------------
Lisa
BRETTO
BRETTO
United States
2002/08/21, 05:25 PM
I searched extensively for different types of weight loss supplements before I started working out. The only thing I found out is that there AREN'T different types; I mean, not really. They all are some form of stimulant that increase motabolism including heart rate. The only possible alternative may be those "fatgrabbers." Supposedly they are special molecules that attach themselves to fat molecules, making the whole assembly too large to be absorbed. The fat is just crapped out. I believe these are a relatively new type of sup. and I would be extremely cautious as to their long term consequences as well as being skeptical about their true effectiveness.

This issue is just like any other....If there was really a shortcut, everyone would know about it and everyone would be doing it.