Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Advice needed to gain weight!

dzimy
dzimy
Canada
2002/08/19, 09:43 AM
Hi!

I'm 180 pounds and I gave myself the goal to reach 225 pounds for next summer.. could it be real or not...?? So, I asked myself if I want to reach it by eating more or taking creatine... By this way, I asked a seller (GNC store)...and there's a combo that he proposed me and I want to know if this could be great or not:

Prolab NLarge II
Prolab CarbPro
EAS Phosphagen HP
BioTest 500 (Tribulus)
Methoxy Force

Should I believe in the seller or just forget about this and be patient to reach that 225 pounds??

The FT nutrition showed me to take:
180 gr protein
630 gr of carbs
45 gram of fat
3600 calories

So pleaz guys, tell me what do you really think aboust this.. Does any 1 of you have a better combo than this 1? I want to be sure of what I'll buy...because I want to be sure of the results for the price that it cost! $$$! Is animal stak better or not?
Thanx a lot! :)

----------------------------
I need to Grow! So, be Psycho!
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2002/08/19, 10:02 AM
Fill in your profile and you'll probably get some better input since your age will have a lot to do with what people respond. NLarge is the only one of those I've used and it works good as a supplement. I don't know how long you've been at this but you can accomplish most of what you want with a good clean bulking diet (including NLarge or other protein), and ft's mass programs.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2002/08/19, 12:43 PM
To tell you the truth, I think the guy at GNC was trying to sell you everything in the store. Sure, taking that stuff will help. But, it'll cost you $300 a month just for supplements!! That's just ridiculous! The best thing you can do is EAT, and eat BIG. Protein, glutamine, and creatine along with a good multivitamin/mineral and a big appetite will work the best. I'm not sure of your age, but I wouldn't recommend creatine or any androgenic supplements to anyone under the age of 18. Supplements will not make you big - good discipline will.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
dzimy
dzimy
Canada
2002/08/19, 02:19 PM
I agree with you jbennett that the was trying to sell me all the GNC store!! lol!! I did'nt buy anything because this cost lots of $$ ! I just wanted advices from guys like you!

I actually think that I'll buy creatine and glutamine and I still have protein and I know how to get it by eating lots of food!!

I like when people say: Supplements will not make you big - good discipline will!!!

--------------
I need to Grow! So, be Psycho!
nobull
nobull
United States
2002/08/23, 05:18 PM
Animal Stak is good, but listen, it all begins and ends with nutrition. To get big, you need to eat big. I've talked to bodybuilders who say they'd rather miss a training session than miss a meal. Food is that important. Focus on food and eating big to get big.
Slim-Daddy
Slim-Daddy
Canada
2002/08/24, 06:00 AM
You dont need carbpro if you have Nlarge. you have enough carbs as it is from that. 87 per serving.
Hanno
Hanno
South Africa
2002/08/27, 10:07 AM
Hi, I only use Whey Protein, L-Glutamine & Creatine together with lots of water (2-3Liters per day) in between my normal meals. I also use a good multivitamin. This combination seems to work for me.