Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Creatine and the female body

FitnessFreak7
FitnessFreak7
United States
2002/06/22, 06:04 PM
Hi Ev1,
Can other females tell me their results w/ creatine? I know about creatine and how it works, but has anyone retained too much water? I am prepping for my next show and would like to take it in my cutting stage so I can retain some of my muscle. I am a mesomorph, so I lose and gain wait easily.
Last 2 competitions my muscles looked kinda flat. I know when u cut, you do lose muscle size, but I just want to keep as much as I can.
Thanks
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/23, 02:09 AM
When I take it, my mussles seem to recover a lot faster.

No I haven't taken creatine before my competitions so I cannot advice you there. What I do think thou, that your problem with the muscles looking flat is more a question about carbohydrates. Do you carb up before the comp?

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
FitnessFreak7
FitnessFreak7
United States
2002/06/25, 12:45 AM
Hi Philia,
My precontest diet was started 8 weeks out and it was pure protein. Do you think it could be excess fat intake? That's the only thing that I can think of.
Thanks!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/06/25, 02:24 AM
No carbs I said. How do you ever want full muscles without the carbs?!!!! Proteins will never keep water in the muscles but carbs will.
Of course we need to cut down carbs for the comp prep but the carb up just before the big day is crucial.

Why not just see if for yourself? Take a low carb week and then carb up for two days. If you did it right, you'll notice (and feel, but in this case we are looking for the esthetic results) the difference.

After of course you have to control the sodium and potassium balance as well.

--------------
- Nina :o) La vie est toujours aussi belle.....
ltroisi
ltroisi
United States
2002/06/25, 05:41 AM
I find creatine makes me retain about 3 pds of water. I use it only in the off season. Drop it prior to competition. There are other products you can use to mainatain muscle during competition dieting....BCAA, HMB and the controversial Chromium and L Carnitine products.

--------------
There is no substitute for hard work....
Leslie