Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Just curious..

ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/19, 02:33 PM
As to what everyone uses for supplements, how many times a day and in what doseage (ie. 3 pills, 5 grams). I know there have been many posts about individual supps, but I am not aware of one where people list their supplement program.

Currently I am between Animal Stak Cycles, but plan on using the Stak, M-Stak, and Pak beginning next week. As per info from Rob, and Universal I plan on staggering the start of each Animal supp by a week so that I remain on at least one supp when one cycle ends (a little hard to explain).

-I take aminos and glutamine 3 times daily, generally about 6 each.
-I use creatine monohydrate immediately following my workout mixed with grape juice or gatorade (3-5 grams a day).
-Each morning following breakfast i take multi-vitamins (Mega Men, Vit E, C, and a joint supp).
-I usually have 3-6 protein shakes a day. One within 1/2 hour of my workout, the others at various times. I use Soy Isolate (middle and late-day) and Whey (morning and after workout).

-That is about it. I currently take in 4200-5000 calories in 5-6 meals.

----------------------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2002/06/19, 02:57 PM
yeah.. seems good ischjli. However on days that you consume 6 protein shakes do you actually consume any solid meals? A solid meal is always better over a shake.. expect after you train. Try not to depend too much on liquid replacements..
even though convenience is a factor.

Me personally, here's my supplement shrine:

- multi vitamin
- flax seed oil
- creatine and glutamine (10 grams of each after workouts)
- Meal Replacement shake (immediately following workout)
- calorie shake (usually mid day to not hold the extra carbs)

I've tried pro-hormones in the past.. and have had great success with nor-andro products from MuscleTech as well as Tribuus by Tribestan

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2002/06/19, 03:10 PM
For what it’s worth, this was an average supplement comsumption of a workout day for me:

-Animal Pak with meal #1
-Four Amino tabs with each meal (at least 6-8x a day); or 12 in the morning, and 12 before bed
-Four Liver tabs with each meal (at least 6-8x a day)
-My “Shake of Mass” as meal #2
-10g of creatine and 5g of glutamine with pre-workout meal, along with another Animal Pak
-2:1 carb:protein ratio shake after workout, along with BCAAs, and another 10g of creatine and 5g of glutamine

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
"Overkill is barely adequate..."
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/19, 03:46 PM
Sounds like you have things under control. You may want to substitute some of your shake meals for food ones as Arnold suggested...this is also easier on the wallet!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/20, 10:28 AM
The days I have 6 are rare. It is usually one as part of breakfast, one for a meal, one post workout (x2 when split training on Tues and Thurs) and one around bedtime - so I guess it's 5 at the highest. At any rate, yes, I always eat 5 meals, 6-7 if possible. Those days my protein shakes are higher, I am actually eating 7 times.

Thanks for the info. Rev, about the liver tabs, i have read about them and am interested- what do you recommend? I checked out GNC's brand but was unsure because it wasn't called a 'tablet' and the employee couldn't answer my question.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."