Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

before and after munchies

mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/06/03, 09:18 AM
Just started my ft workout program today. The plan is that I want to workout in my house in the morning when I get out of bed. But I read here that you should eat before and after a workout. I grabbed a peach before I started and ate a bowl of cereal after I finished. Is this OK? I think I want to buy some protein shakes for my "after" because there's no way I'll be able to eat the 3,000 calories I'm supposed to for the day (I'm not a big eater). Any recommendations for what protein supplements to get?
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/03, 10:46 AM
Stick with whey-type protein for your post-workout.

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/03, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure what the effect it will have on cholesterol, but a weight gainer like N large would be a good shake to add too.

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/03, 04:47 PM
I am not trying to be critical. However, beginning your program by saying you can't do what it requires, is setting yourself up for failure. Instead, why not check out some of the other posts on gaining lean muscle mass, incorporate them into your own program, and gain gain GAIN! I just hate to hear I can't. You can. Believe me, eat 5-7 times and eat a little more than you are accustomed and you will reach 3000 calories.

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/03, 04:54 PM
So often the words "I can't" do begin a downfall..

--------------
And my soul must be iron, because my fear is naked. I'm naked and fearless.
rpacheco
rpacheco
United States
2002/06/03, 05:48 PM
Also, the big misconception is that you have to EAT BIG each meal...wrong! You eat often (5-7 meals) but you eat proportioned meals (small). Unless you just don't have the time to eat so many meals, you will find that you can easily reach the 3,000 or more calories you require to gain mass. If not, you will NEVER get big, no matter how hard you work out!

--------------
**_Robert_**
Pain is temporary; glory is forever!
mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/06/03, 09:16 PM
Right, I hear you. It might just be the unknown with me, I honestly don't know how much 3,000 calories actually would be (I just assumed it would be alot since most balanced diets are 2,000 or so calories) - I do know that I never gain weight, haven't my whole life. So I know I'm not eating alot of calories as it is. I'm going to start inputting what I eat on the nutrition page to actually see how many calories I am taking in. I might be closer to it than I think - again, it's the unknown. I never counted calories before, so I really don't know what I'm eating now. I do want to take a protein supplement though, according to ft, I need over 160 grams of it! And I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I'm thinking a shake after the morning workout would be best.