Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Protein Powder

coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/14, 05:23 AM
Anyone had a problem with protein powder causing you to go to the bathroom more than you should, if you know what I mean.

coolness...
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/09/14, 12:49 PM
Protein shakes are almost notorious for causing discomfort, gas, and, in some cases, loose stool. I experienced that when I took Simply Whey by EAS. Very few carbs, lots of protein. The stuff tasted great, but gave me the worst gas. Once I started using Myoplex Deluxe (meal replacement) again, the gas went away. I think by consuming other macronutrients with your protein, it lessens the discomfort and gas quite a bit. If you mix your protein with milk, that can also be an issue. I don't think I'd mix my shakes with anything other than milk; I go through two to two and a half gallons of skim milk every week. Some people have problems with the proper digestion of milk and other milk products, which can result in gas and discomfort.
Just curious, what kind of protein shake are you currently taking?
coolness
coolness
United States
2001/09/15, 06:24 AM
I'm using N-Large 2 from Pro-Lab. Because of the cost (even though it's half price at prosourceonline.com) I use two scoops instead of four and supplement that with Slim-Fast soy protein. I mix with milk too. I might have a lactose problem. I tried mixing with water once. Gross. Guess I might need to take a lactaid pill. I don't have more gas than normal :) I usually put my shake in the freezer for a few minutes for that extra chill!! Thanks for the advice!!

coolness...