Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Good to change?

merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/06/06, 07:45 PM
Is it a good idea to change supps every once in a while to shock the body and keep it fresh with supplies? Sounds like a good idea.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/06/06, 09:18 PM
YES! In fact, I did something like that with creatine (yeah, I know I don't have to - hit a slight plateau and decided to try something different). I was on creatine for 3 months, off for 2 weeks. I dropped 4lbs in those 2 weeks, but did not lose strength. I did another loading phase, and since I've been back on it, my overall strength and firmness of muscles have never been better!

Also, If you're not already taking methoxyisoflavone, ecdysterone, or ZMA, I'd suggest you try those. I highly recommend the EAS Methoxy Factor HP. Pinnicle also makes something similar. Continue with your protein and glutamine supps no matter what.

---JBennett
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/06/07, 11:44 AM
Thanks J,
I take cytodyne Methoxypro shakes and bars to eat. My little bro told me the andro poppers are good and he's has gained a few pounds in about three weeks. What do you think of those?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/06/07, 07:56 PM
Hoestly, I'm not a big fan of andro. One of my good friends is in grad school for physical therapy and he hears all kinds of negative feedback from unbiased university testing. I used to take MethoxyPro, but I never noticed a difference until I used ectdysterone w/ the methoxyisoflavone (EAS Methoxy Factor HP). Love the stuff! Not very cheap, but there are cheaper alternatives to that particular brand.