Group: New Members Greet & Meet - Introduce yourself

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 1537, Messages: 27037

Officially introduce yourself to the community by sharing your goals, obstacles or accomplishments. Don't be shy.. we're all here for the same reason. The more support we share the easier it will be to reach our goals!

Join group

How to find time to workout?

FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/14, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone, I have a problem : I love working out, don't have any unrealistic goals to achieve - what I don't have is time. I have to leave by 7am and am usually never back before midnight. I can't get up earlier than I do now. Any suggestions on how to go about setting myself a workable schedule?
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/07/14, 01:08 PM
Do you get any days off? If so, you can workout on those days, I'm going to hope that there are three of them. You could do your cardio in the morning right when you wake up and then do your weight routine later that day or if you can't break them up, do the weight training routine first, an hour or so after eating, and do the cardio right after. I don't know if surgeons get breaks while at work, but if you do, you could do your cardio then.
soxythang
soxythang
United States
2002/07/14, 02:05 PM
Hi svc. I am also very new here, but do not feel as though I am inadequate enough to offer some individual personal advice to think about.

I struggle as well with making time to exercise. I work full time, go to school, wife and mother of two, plus I also do website work for a company in any spare time.

Just as Lumina suggested I would take advantage of all the time off that you get. Also, even though it is late, some people need a wind down after work. This would be a great time on the last evening before a day off, is doing your cardio. That could open up an extra time frame to do a little bit before you crash to sleep. Better than T.v.

Anyway, Just as I have learned from this site, nutriton is 50% of the game in being healthy, feeling great, having energy, and gaining muscle and losing fat. That way on working days when you cannot exercise, your still be acheiving fitness goals.

My brother has been a bodybuilder for quite some time now, and not to long ago, before I got interested in living this way, he made me realize a very important key to being healthy. He said, "You cannot afford not to make time, because the energy, endurance, and physical and mental benefits are way to rewarding."

I am finally for the first time in my life, learning this. I never used to believe in it, because I didn't give it a good go for it. I always quit to early. Once you see it, and you feel it, it becomes an obsession. Your on top of the world.

Good luck to you. I know you can do it. And do only what you can, and that is all you can do. Every little bit will help.

--------------
United States
2002/07/14, 03:50 PM
What are you in school for soxy?
soxythang
soxythang
United States
2002/07/14, 04:17 PM
Hoping to go to law school eventually. Working on BS for Pre-Law right now. Got a while to go though. But currently I am a paralegal, and I absolutely love it. I do mostly bankruptcy work though, but i like that much better than divorce. Rather deal with people's money, than there kids. That is hard.

--------------
You have the power to control your own destiny. Take advantage of it, because you cannot turn back time.
FatsoLogic
FatsoLogic
India
2002/07/15, 02:25 PM
Hey lumina & soxy, it's great to get suggestions so soon after having written my mail. I'm determined to attempt working on them. Out here most of my colleagues are not particularly bothered about fitness, and it's pathetic to see most of them totally out of shape. I seem to be one of the very few here who thinks that it is a crime to be out of shape, but when I talk about it, they all look at me as if I'm out of my mind. So it's pretty heartening to know that there ARE after all, normal people living in this world who do actually care for fitness. Thanks.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2002/07/15, 02:28 PM
Svc remember that all you need at the very least is 30 minutes a day. YOU CAN get a good wright lifting workout in that time as well as a great cardio one on a different day. So keep at it!!
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/07/15, 07:03 PM
The program FT has me on right now usually only takes about 30-40 minutes to complete. So if you can squeeze in that amount of time. I'm sure you will get a good workout. I feel great after my workouts and it is a good winddown after a long day at work. Hope you can find the time in your schedule, because you do sound like it is very important to you... oh, my two cents... what about on your lunch break, is it possible to do it then.. On your normal breaks maybe then you can get your lunch. Good luck.

--------------
Lisa